Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Rhino1272
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Confusing denial of app???

I just received the denial for my app written using WebWorks/Eclipse for the playbook.  Please see the text below.

Dear App World Vendor,

We are sorry but your request for 'No Decompression Dive Planner' to be a product in the BlackBerry App World has been denied for the following reasons :
Items that need attention:

- Please upload a signed copy of your application, appears that it is not signed.
- no icon after installing application, please make sure to specify an icon no larger than 86x86 in the blackberry-tablet.xml file.

Signing information:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp 

Commands
RDK:
blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass  -keystore  -storepass   RDK

Author:
blackberry-signer -keystore  -storepass   author

You should also have the following files as a general rule as an end result when signing your application:
-	RDK.SF
-	RDK.EC
-	MANIFEST.MF
-	AURTHOR.SF
-	AUTHOR.EC

These should all be contained within your .BAR file

Regards;

The BlackBerry App World™ Team

I am very confused because:

1.  I do not have a blackberry-tablet.xml file.  Instead I have a config.xml file.  I assume they are thinking I developed an air application?
  2. They state I need the files starting with sdk.sf and ending with author.ec in my .bar file.  Are those supposed to be put in there manually?  If so, what is the format and what are they for?   Please note that I create a new BlackBerry Webworks application using the plugin in eclipse and none of those files are included.
  3. I followed the directions to a "T" for signing my application and I even received a success from my command line.  However, they state my application was not signed.  How can I verify that it has been signed properly.

Lastly, I did submit this application prior to the free PlayBook deadline.  Does this denial exclude me from gettting the playbook.

Please help. 

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Confusing denial of app???

[ Edited ]

2) Those files will be added automatically to the .bar file once you properly sign your app

3) .bar file is actually an archive, you can open it with WinRar so you can check which files are inside

As for the PlayBook offer - you should receive one, my app was denied the same way (although it is an air app), and after signing the app and submitting once again, I got the free-playbook-mail

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

Awesome.  Any clue on:

1. I do not have a blackberry-tablet.xml file.  Instead I have a config.xml file.  I assume they are thinking I developed an air application?

Is the config.xml file the WebWorks equivalent to AIR / blackberry-tablet.xml?

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Carrier: WiFi

Yes, it seems so

You can check this documents

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/20779/Update_the_BB_Widget_configuration_docum...

And this one

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/20779/Widget_configuration_elements_1254195_11...

And of course the image size :smileyhappy:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

Thank you @QuiteSimple. Kudos all around!

Please use plain text.