Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Confusing reviews

I posted this in the Adobe AIR SDK forum and then realized that it would probably be better here so here it goes:

Hey everyone,

So my app is on the App World now after a huge amount of work. But it definitely didn't get the reception I would have hoped for.. It has a couple mainly cosmetic bugs, I still saw it as being fit for use though, if I had a PlayBook I would use it without complaints. Yet I have this review:

0.5/5 stars
     "not trying to be mean but this app should NOT be in the app world. improve it"

Should this review be denied? I'm not sure what to do. This makes my app sound awful and useless when it's definitely not.

Next I have "abit slow sometimes and it dosent add contacts from my bb". I don't have my free PlayBook yet, so I haven't tested it on it, but on Windows here it's extremely smooth. And the program doesn't have any reason to be slow. No complex animations and I think my code's efficiency is ok. But I guess having problems on the actual PlayBook that developers don't know about until they get their own is something almost everyone here is going to have? Also, what do they mean it doesn't add contacts from their BlackBerry? Is that even possible? Is this something new in the SDK?

These results are definitely disappointing, but I don't want to deny the reviews if I shouldn't.

EDIT: Also, even though I have reviews, the number of downloads of my app on the download report is 0. Why would that be?

Another edit: Would it be best for my apps reputation if I removed it from sale for now?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Confusing reviews

Please use plain text.