Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Determine App Signing Keys

Is there a way to determine from the .bar file submitted to App World what the signing keys are?  We have an app that crashes when it is installed via downloading from App World but does not crash when we install it via developer mode (the app crashes after the client accepts permission to access the internet).

What I would like to do is confirm the signing keys match our current signing keys or was the app signed using an older signing key.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Determine App Signing Keys

You can't get the signing keys from the BAR file. However what you can do to verify that the app is signed with the same signing keys:

- create a new version of the app (just increase the version number), sign

- create a new release in BbWorld

- try to upload the new version of your app

If the signing keys are the same, you'll get no error. However if the signing keys are different, you'll get error message like "Package Id must be the same"

You don't need to finish the app version upload at all, just do this check and click Cancel on the upload window

As for the app crashing after install, you may find this topic interesting:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry