Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
sugudheenu
My Device: Not Specified

Device Switch and Dynamic Licensing

In the event on Device Switch/PIN Transfer after users has transferring the app to the
new device.

Will BBAW notify us about the rim pin change?

or 

Will you call us again for asking for a Dynamic License key generated for the App that is been
transferred to the new device?

or

Or will it use the existing license key that we
generated for the previous device?

Please use plain text.
Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: Device Switch and Dynamic Licensing

sugudheenu,

BlackBerry App World will send you a new HTTP Post to your web server to request a new Dynamic License Key for the new device.  They don't add a new parameters to let you know about the device change but I wish they did because I send out an email (with a Cha-Ching ringtone) when someone requests a license key.

I need to modify my logic to test to see if the user is in the table first and if so, update instead of inserting each time.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
sugudheenu

Hi RLord321

Thank you for the information. If that is the case then you will be getting a new PIN when BBAW requests for a dynamic license.  How do you identify if it is an existing user. may be by email address? but what if the user has also changed the email address it wont work?

Sugudheenu

Please use plain text.
Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Yes, the email address will be the same.  Well, the customer will have to login with their PayPal account in MyWorld to refresh their download list.  If they use a different PayPal email address, then MyWorld won't have the history of downloads. 

Probably the only way a user can get their history with a new email address would probably be by contacting Blackberry's customer service as this option is not available in App World.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MonQc

A customer purchased one of my applications yesterday and emailed me today for requesting a new activation code for his new BlackBerry. I asked him to log into his "My World" from his new Blackberry then he should receive the new code from App World to activate the application. But he replied to me that he was not able to log into his account from his new BlackBerry. He just wanted the code directly from me.

Is it tue that App World sends a new activation code to customers who have changed a device if they just log into their account from their new BlackBerry?

I have seen a lot of customer reviews regarding customers not getting a new code from developers on App World. So should I doubt App World sends a new code to customers if they log into their "My World" account for their new BlackBerry or customers want to share the application with their family or friends without paying again?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
moobanposrisuk
My Device: Curve 8310

We use licmax for licensing in our apps and they have a convenient feature in the web UI to transfer licenses. It makes it quite easy. All the customer has to do is call or email you, and you can take care of it all contained within your licmax profile. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
sblantipodi

sincerely I prefer that way, I like that HTTP POST send the same data with only PIN changed,

in this way I store the first transaction and the two possible REgenerated code...

this is useful when some user ask to change PIN without using the app world method and let us know if the user as the right to ask for another activation code.

Please use plain text.