06-08-2012 11:08 AM
Has anyone experienced that some users will get an earlier version of the app when it says it is the latest version? I am getting emails from a great number of users (and it happended to me) that when they are prompted to download v3.1, that they are getting v1.3.
06-08-2012 08:02 PM - edited 06-09-2012 08:34 AM
Yes, this is happening to me too. People are trying to upgrade from version 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 and getting version 1.5.1 instead (although App World says they have the most recent version). Unlike before, deleting, restarting the device and then re-installing does not fix the problem. What a mess!
06-09-2012 06:21 AM
I tried directly on my Device.
On "Manage Products" in Vendor Portal the release 2.0.1 on my game is approved, but when I download the Update, the RIM System gives me the 2.0.0!
A bigger problem is that I'm receaving claims from Customers (that have paid) because they cannot install the app.... and are asking refund!
I made a trial also in this case with my device... and it's true. Only after a reboot it seems to work and install the app... but not the most recent release, the previuos one!
Dear RIM, what's happening?
06-09-2012 10:26 AM
06-10-2012 07:42 AM
FYI: I asked for additional information on my Facebook page and only one person responded with an actual BBID. I have an open incident with App World Vendor Support and have forwarded this info to RIM.
See if you can get BBID from the users. It does not appear to be wide spread, and I was asked to get BBID so they can dig down why certain people are getting this.
06-11-2012 11:57 AM
I received this communication form App World Support::
Looks like we found the potential problem. We had other vendors with the same issues. It looks like its due to the "supported languages" in the release bundles. For some reason most people are not seeing the "English" file bundles when downloading or upgrading applications. When you are ready, I can set all your releases to draft so you can change the supported languages from "English" to "All Languages"
The bottom line is, at least for now, never submit your bundle as "English".. Use "All Languages" instead.
06-25-2012 01:53 PM
06-25-2012 04:08 PM
Same problem here, with version 1.0.1 instead of 1.0.2, the actual version.
Also, the last version visible in AppWorld (v1.0.2) has a realease date set on April 16, when the "real" release date is March 16.
The whole thing looks corrupted! Ouch!
06-26-2012 07:50 AM
06-26-2012 08:12 AM