Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Re: Download wrong version

The +1 month problem for the "release date" issue looks like an index mistake:

-month[3] =March (1 basis: 1,2,3) became month[3]  = April (0 basis: 0,1,2,3)

May be the same (but reverted) problem for versions....

-last version index[1] (0 basis: 0,1)  = "v2" became index[1] (1 basis: 1, 2) = "v1"

Just a long shot guess... but hey, what can we do?

JC
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I think it is more strange than an index issue. For us, its about 5% of the users. Current release was v3.1.1 (it started to happen at v3.1.0) and some get v1.3.0 and v2.2.0, and there were multiple releases in between those. The user (via App World) sees that they are downloading the current version, but the actual BAR file is from an earlier version. I've asked them to just put soft links from all of the old BAR files to the current BAR file to resolve that, but I've heard nothing back.

I wish the developers of App World would take a course in end user customer support. Fix the immediate issue (put a band-aide on it), THEN, figure out what technical problem caused it. Do they have any idea that their delays and errors causes more branding and revenue issues for developers and RIM then a lot of other things?

Stop making this a science project and help the end user get the correct installation file today. It has been close to a month now.

What the h*** are we paying for?
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

I got the same issue for a smartphone app, user reported to have downloaded the previous version. I've sent him the correct one, here are the user phone details (collected by App World):

There is no value for the Country code, I'm not sure if this is the reason for the old version download

BB Device Model: 9650

BB Apps Version: 6.0.0.719

BB Platform Version: 4.4.0.560

Display language: English

Input language: English

Current network: Verizon Wireless

Country code: null

SIM Home network: MNC=-1;MCC=310

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

I heard last night that they (App World) may have found the problem. It will be fixed in App World client at the end of July (new update?). It seems to have to do with (in our case) the app being moved from a try and buy to a paid app and having an upgrade fee many revisions earlier. That seem to have caused a wall that prevents users to upgrade to the current version. AW is trying to see if they can bypass this and allow our users to upgrade.

There were other developers that mentioned something about the language not being set properly, so that might be the case in your situation.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I am testing in APP PAYMENTS and using sandbox. So far, have not been able to test for a while. After I upload a new cod file release and download on the simulator, I get an older version downloaded..

This is a pretty big issue.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

[ Edited ]

Tried cleaning all simulators, using different sandbox account. Still getting an older version that the one I uploaded to draft mode.. This issue is halting development completely. I cannot test the in payments, I had planned to release it this week.

Developer

We're still dead with a lot of our users. I've been told that a fix is in place for the App World client at the end of July, but a fix before then is required. It does seem to be a server issue. Client seems to know what version it is trying to download.
Developer
My Carrier: None yet

my own PlayBook just informed me of an upgrade to one of my apps .. I haven't upgraded that app in a few weeks .. and it wanted to send me an old version.

Developer

Have you submitted a bug report on this? Seems to be getting worse.
Developer
My Carrier: None yet

I don't even know where I would potentially submit a bug to?

I'm receiving reviews now on a version of my app that is months old - and it would appear that this is new users who are receiving it. Couple that we're giving out an app that may not even work with the service it's designed to use anymore, along with the nature of the App World software being as frustrating to use as it is, and the review scores are dropping like crazy.

Should I attempt to Decline a review that does not have foul language,, foreign language, and technically is on topic, even though it's for a version of the app that is ancient?

That feels wrong.

This app world seriously harms my reputation as a developer, and I've just about had enough of it.