Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
rnarayanan
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

'Downloads' Report now is a Summary lacking all the details!

From the past week, I see that the dropdown options for Purchase and Downloads report as  changed to 'Download Summary'. Now I am getting only the date, product name and download count for each day.

Previously, I used to get the following

Application NameFile Bundle NameVersionDate/TimeDevice ModelOS VersionCarrierLocaleCountry

Any idea why RIM has suddenly changed this report. I would like to get back my detailed report so that we can see downloads by device and country etc.

Anyone else facing the same issue? It is really frustrating when RIM changes stuff suddenly.

Please use plain text.
didigoose
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: 'Downloads' Report now is a Summary lacking all the details!

Happens the same for me today. It's a bit annyoing if you have business processes setup based on the reports they had in the past. 

#1 the new report doesn't give information about market & device distribution which is quite important

#2 we have to reprogramm all our statistic imports.

What is the reason for this?

PS: The UX to reach this forum is great. I already have 2 accounts with RIM (alliance partner & vendor portal)  and now had to create 2 more...

Please use plain text.
Developer
shnuffy
My Device: Bold 9700

What a terrible move. Why would they remove info? The reports are basically useless now! Come on RIM, why are you hiding our stats from us?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rnarayanan
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Strange Indeed!

Here is what I got when the issue was submitted as a support request.

====================================

Hello,    

In response to your request, the following course of action has been provided.

If you have any questions concerning this request, please reply to this email within the next three (3) days.   

Details:

App World Vendor Support - Download Reports Change Inquiry.   

Resolution: 

Unfortunately this is the only reporting option at this time.  We are currently working on a better reporting solution.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

==============================

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

All,

The 'Downloads' report was changed to 'Download Summary' temporarily while the Reporting Server stability issues you've all experienced over the past few weeks/months is resolved. 

As the reponse from support mentioned, we're working on having a much more robust reporting system when all is said and done. 

Understandable the detailed reports were extremely useful, and we're working to return that at the very least as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

rhearty wrote
we're working on having a much more robust reporting system when all is said and done. 

will there be an app for that?  :smileyhappy:

+1 to the store's app count

Please use plain text.