Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Draft mode cache refresh time

I have been trying to debug the in-app payment service for my app, and find it an excruciatingly slow process.  When I upload a new release to BlackBerry World to test, sometimes it takes an hour for the new version to appear, sometimes a few days.  

I am working with a Dev Alpha B.  I have used the local test mode for the payment service, but I still get crashes when using the real service, so either my code is faulty (most likely option) or there's some important discontinuity between the live sandbox testing and the local testing for the payment service.  Either way, I must test the live mode to figure out what's wrong, and this slow cache refresh is just killing me.

Is there anything I can do from my end to force this refresh cycle to move along a little faster?  If not, perhaps I'll suggest a feature that allows devs to invalidate the cache for their sandbox app, so that the development cycle can happen a little faster.  I'm posting this after waiting 24 hours for my latest release to appear.  Rather disappointing...

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Draft mode cache refresh time

I'm in the same boat.  when I upload in draft mode it takes about an hour to refresh.

this is insane delay because we need to test the app asap.

Developer

And now for all of yesterday and continuing this morning, I get a "network error" when trying to load my draft app.  To be very specific, this is on a Dev Alpha B, OS 10.0.10.263.  I go to BB World in development mode, choose "Development mode" from the top menu, type in my content ID, press load, and then after a few seconds I get the network error.  In other words, I do not see my app description.

----------------
Developer

Just now I was finally able to get to the app description screen, and it is still showing the old revision of the app.  On Saturday at 11pm I uploaded version 0.5.10.1, and it is now showing 0.5.9.1.  

----------------
Developer

To continue this reporting process, my app still has not refreshed, 4.5 days later.  I just might push out another version to see if it shakes things up.

----------------
Developer

Last night I built and uploaded new release, and this time I included a .bar file build for the playbook.  As of now (9 hours after upload), the playbook version is up-to-date and the correct version (because it is the only version for the playbook), but the dev alpha version is still stuck now 2 revisions behind.  

So it must be something to do with a local BB world cache on the device.  Is there any way to clear that cache?

----------------
Developer

Two weeks later, and the problem still persists.  My Dev Alpha refuses to clear its cache for my draft app.  I suppose it's sort of a moot point, since I'll be returning the device soon anyway... Still it's frustrating since 2 weeks have gone by without being able to test whether I finally fixed the payment service integration.

----------------