Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
ferhatbulut
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell
Accepted Solution

Dynamic License - Same Transaction ID - Different Device PINs - No Record on Purchases & Downloads

Hello

Do you have a problem about this kind of situation ?

Customer didn't reply my e-mails. I don't know what's the problem.

Same Transaction ID, Different Device PINS but There is no record on Purchases & Downloads reports on App World.

Only I can see first purchases on the reports, no record about other purchases.

Can It be spoof / fraud ?

Thank you,

Ferhat

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Dynamic License - Same Transaction ID - Different Device PINs - No Record on Purchases & Downloads

Possible reason - user changing the device. With your BlackBerry ID you can change as many devices as you want, already purchased apps are available for download through My World section.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
ferhatbulut

Re: Dynamic License - Same Transaction ID - Different Device PINs - No Record on Purchases & Downloads

Used changed his/her devices 10 times in a month ?

Is It make sense ?

Purchasing History

11/26/2011 12:56
11/25/2011 17:47
11/25/2011 15:18
11/22/2011 10:49
11/19/2011 8:08
11/19/2011 4:30
11/17/2011 11:38
11/14/2011 4:11
11/11/2011 13:25
11/11/2011 12:55
11/2/2011 17:59

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Different PINs every time? Even if it is Bod 9900, which is famous for breaking overnight, it is much too much.

Of course there could be user who has installed your app on all his friends phones using one BlackBerry ID. You can ask the vendor support, probably they can take a closer look at the issue:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
ferhatbulut

I post an email to customer but no reply.

I reported Vendor App World Support and blocked the customer from my License Server. Waiting for response from Vendor Support ...

In the vendor support guidelines, there are 5 times download right for customers in a year. But how can it be ? with same blackberry id, with different device pins, 12 times download.

Very interesting ...

I think, user downloaded the app for his/her friends ...

Bad customers ...

Currently checking device pin & app name to generate license for transaction but I will add an e-mail property to my license generator codes to check uniqueness :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

i got the same problem
but mine application got 7 change device for 2 months
i think i gonna make change device count ratter than wait for appworld to block the email and pin
Please use plain text.
Developer
ferhatbulut

Question : 

How can you check if user downloads app for his friends' device with own account which is purchased app ?

Can user use his blackberry id account on different devices at the same time ?

Scenario :

I purchased an app using my own device.

Then I got my friends device.

Logged in with my blackberry id on app world.

Downloaded the same app without payment. I have right 15 times to download.

Is this possible ??

RIM's Answer:

Correct - the scenario you describe is possible, but if the user does this more than 15 times they will be locked out from switching devices again for another calendar year. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

[ Edited ]

15 times??
this is outrage
1st time 3 times only
2nd time 5 times
3rd 15 times

maybe we could just sell the price for 15 device per device

looks like appworld side with customer only. who is actualy change device for 15 device per year.

or his blackberry is no good at all. or rim product is no good at all?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

If it makes you guys feel any better I did a "statistical analysis" of my license data for the past year and found some users who have been able to get the app on to 14 different devices (different pins) using the same email addresses.

Perhaps one wonders when RIM outsources the app approval/testing, that there could be certain "employees" who know ways around the system, or users who have discovered loopholes?

Maybe not. Maybe it's just the 5 device limit is simply not working. App World has had issues with dynamic licensing since day 1. It's never fixed and never will be as one user has put it.

I am looking in to this issue myself at the moment. Since the BB ID is the unique ID, I will basically overwrite the existing license key for the same BB ID + product combination. I won't count how many times the user has switched devices, I don't care. In the future, however my apps may just decide to check to see if they have valid licenses once every month or so... this limits each registered BB ID user to have one license for each of my apps, as it should be. Can anyone spot any problems with this model, i.e. users who may be able to use BB ID on two devices etc?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bec0ding
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800 & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Huh, 15 times? That's just ridiculous ... Even 5 times is unrealistic ... 3 times would be pretty much the best for both parties (users/devs).

Oh well, I'll add something to block this in my licensing system!

Please use plain text.