Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
bec0ding
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800 & PlayBook

Re: Dynamic License - Same Transaction ID - Different Device PINs - No Record on Purchases & Downloads

Btw meanman, wouldn't it be better to use transaction ID vs BBID(Email) ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: Dynamic License - Same Transaction ID - Different Device PINs - No Record on Purchases & Downloads

I block it using transaction ID and bbid. No change device if the user already change 4 times. After that will block the transaction using same id n email
Please use plain text.
Developer
bec0ding

Can a user change his BBID e-mail ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

No, they can only make a new one. New bbid mean new user
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

I don't know. I only found out about transaction id last night browsing the forums. There is no mention of this anywhere in the dynamic licensing flow doc nor is has there been any official documentation saying "hey it's recommended to use transaction id..." .

It's just a field that's returned, that I've never stored, so too late now. Apart from BB App World we support Mobihand, which probably has it's own transaction id, but I don't know if that is going to be unique or not for a given purchase for a user (see the pattern here?)... so I have decided to model my db so each user can have one or more purchases, but only one of the same product. I doubt in the real world one would want to buy the same software twice for themselves.

At the dev con in 2009, one of the speakers mentioned about going with the user's email address as it is more constant than a pin for these type of things. So I've basically stuck with that principle.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bec0ding

Oh well, I'm done. I implemented a license allowance based on time past.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

So you're saying the user has to wait a certain amount of time, e.g. a day, a month, etc before being allowed a device upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bec0ding

I allow 1 device upgrade and then it's time dependant for the next upgrades. I think that allowing 4 upgrades right off the bat is a bit too "loose", the average consumer will change cellphones once every 2 years.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

The "average consumer" may change a device. But there are people who loose devices, get given faulty devices which they have to send back for repairs etc. This is acceptable.

What is not acceptable is having 15 requests come through for the same BB ID when in fact the user is only allowed max 5 device changes per year. What is ironic is the spacing between some of those requests is literally a few minutes if not less. Not had this problem with the other app stores, noone is going to fix it, so the only solution is to basically patch things up our end. I think I will keep a historical record of device pins the user has fetched license for, just in case where the customer may decide to dispute and actually be entitled to a license. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
ferhatbulut
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell

Why we have to track user's download count ?

5 times, 15 times ... User has unlimited access to download if our dynamic license codes allow it.

Why RIM doesn't protect us from cheating ...

I really don't understand this situation. Still facing this kind of problem. Just got an e-mail about purchasing of my app.

And I searched user e-mail and 1st purchase on October 11. Today is 4th.

I don't understand the users. User can change his/her device OK no problem but what about "downloads for friends"

I think, for future, I will deny 2nd request. or I will generate my license model.

1 Shot License - X $ - If you loose your device, forget the license.

Unlimited Device License - 5X $ - Transferrable License But 5 Device Limit Per Year Maybe or something like this.

RIM still sleeping about this problem ...

Unbelievable ...

Ferhat

Please use plain text.