Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
trshivku
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Licensing Post Format

Here is the URL format that RIM provides in its documentation :

PIN=12341234&email=customeremail@email.com&product=product&version=1.2&transactionid=123&test=false

Unfortunately this document (Dynamic_License_Flow.pdf) does not elaborate what each and every field contains. Most of them are obvious to me except product.

I read somewhere that this is a numeric value that RIM generates for every App.

I need to be able to identify which App the request came for and based on that my license key would be different. So for me it is important to know which app it is for. It is not enough that it is for one of my apps.

So it becomes important to be able to map the value of this field to the actual app.

Question:

a) If it is a numeric number, are developers informed once the App is submitted so that the mapping in the backend can be done by the developer if required ?

b) Is it possible to provide a custom value for this field ?

Thanks in advance.

-TRS

Please use plain text.
Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: Dynamic Licensing Post Format

Hey trshivku,

Remember, you are providing them the URL...a URL can consist of parameters that YOU provide as well, so you can do this:

http://www.trshivku.com/Licenser?ThisApp=StockApp&StoreSource=AppWorld

So for multiple apps, you can change the value of ThisApp.  Problem Solved.

Now, this is how I have it and AppWorld is smart enough to append their parameters to the end using a & if there are already parameters like so or starting with a ? if there are none.

Oh, and product is the Product Name you gave your application as you see it in App World and it is case sensitive.  So if your app was "Give Me Kudos", it would be product=Give Me Kudos   :smileyhappy:

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
trshivku

Thanks RLord. Great suggestion. Eventhough I had read an earlier post from you about adding parameters to figure out if the request came from RIM, It never struck me that I could use the same trick for identifying the app :smileyhappy:

Thanks once again for your prompt responses.

-TRS

Please use plain text.
New Developer
imho

RLord321,

We tried appending "?param=value" to our licensing url and it didn't work. The entire string is treated as the url and the POST method makes it impossible to retrieve the param or its value since it is part of the url. We are using a PHP script as the licensing server. I wonder what you have to do to make it possible to add the custom parameters at all?

Please use plain text.
Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

imho,

What do you mean when you say the entire string is treated as the URL?  Also, are you only adding one parameter to your string or more?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Developer
imho

[ Edited ]

Hi RLord321,

you are right. It works. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Please use plain text.