Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
uzairfaisal
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Eligibility of Limited Edition BB10 device

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right area or topic seciton to post this inquiry but BlackBerry customer support deemed this the right place. My inquiry was the following regarding eligibility for receiving Limited Edition BB10 device - I've also noticed that the FAQ changed to include a secondary deadline (??? - how exactly does that work?) of Feb 28th.

"Hello, I've been trying to follow your instructions for packaging a signed application for the last 2-3 hours but it just kept "failing" for me. According to your developer site, I'm supposed to get a .cod file after compiling the archive file, but it's no go:https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/compile_ww_app_for_smartphones_1873321_11.html "When you execute this command, the BlackBerry WebWorks Packager creates a signed .cod file in the specified output location." - however, this process kept producing only the .bar file which I thought was only part of the package. My understanding was that we need to submit both .cod and .bar file, but it seems they're synonymous? Also, since I'm only 20-30 mins late for the deadline submission for the limited edition BB10 device, much of which time costed me from repeatedly trying to build + sign, with different tools, the archive over and over in an attempt to find out why the .cod file was missing, will this result in me being ineligible for this contest? I sincerely hope that you may reconsider my eligibility for your contest seeing as how I'm only a little bit late in submitting the app. Of course, this is considering that my app will be accepted in your review process. Cheers, Uzair."

I'm also assuming that there would be available limited edition BB10 devices - otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the developers who got the deadline straight on.

Thanks,

Uzair.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SouthernCanuck
My Device: Bold 9900 / Dev Alpha B / Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Eligibility of Limited Edition BB10 device

COD files are only for Java based devices (7.1 and below).  BAR files are used for Tablet OS and BB10.

To compile for BB10 you need to actually follow:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/package_your_bb10_app_with_ww_sdk_2008473_11.ht...

Ryan Gelinas.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uzairfaisal

Ah, gotcha!

Though I think I figured out that the BAR file was sufficient to submit my app in the portal - however, the issue of the topic was something else.

Thanks though for clearing up the difference between the two! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Btw there is a special forum about the Limited Editon trade-up

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-Limited-Edition/bd-p/bb10_trade

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uzairfaisal

Hmm, you're right. Can forum admin please move this thread to the appropriate topic area? Or should I create a new thread?

Please use plain text.