Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Errors while uploading ZIP file

I am trying to submit my first release to BB for approval.  I've followed the instructions here: 

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberryworld/parts_of_a_release_file.html

and created a ZIP file with the following contents:

drwxr-xr-x 4 EnglishBundle_1.0.0
-rw-r--r--@ 1 releases.xml

./EnglishBundle_1.0.0:
total 3480
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Devices.txt
-rw-r--r--@ 1 MyApp.bar

I am using the following version of ZIP:

Copyright (c) 1990-2008 Info-ZIP - Type 'zip "-L"' for software license.
This is Zip 3.0 (July 5th 2008), by Info-ZIP.

After I upload the ZIP file, I see the following errors

• error in opening zip file System.exit calls not allowed!
  • Invalid binary file (releases.xml6261300238015689064.xml)
  • Invalid binary file (._releases.xml581200695986280668.xml)

Interestingly, after I upload the file, even though it's complaining that my xml file is invalid, I see a new File Bundle at the bottom of the screen with my bundle name 'EnglishBundle_1.0.0'.  The contents of my XML file are as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Release version="1.0.0">
<ReleaseNotes>First release of My App</ReleaseNotes>
<filebundle name="EnglishBundle_1.0.0">
<language>en_us</language>
</filebundle>
</Release>

The bar file that I am uploading installs and runs just fine on a Z10.  What might I be doing wrong?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Errors while uploading ZIP file

AFAIK zip upload does not work properly, do it manually, i.e. define a bundle, select minimum supported OS, click supported devices, upload bar file.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply.  Regarding this alternate method of uploading the release, the problem I'm having now is that the minimum OS that I can support is 10, and I want to restrict the app to the Z10 device.  I don't see either of those choices in the OS drop down or the devices dialog.  Am I still missing something obvious or is this broken as well?

Developer

There is Device Support section down below where you specify the minimum supported OS (pencil like icon). Open the window and select BlackBerry Z10 All (there are three of them)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

For OS: choose QNX as Platform and then minimum OS 10.0

New Contributor

QuiteSimple, thank you very much for the hand holding.  It is much appreciated.  I seem to have successfully submitted an application for review.