Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud
My Device: Z10

Re: Facebook Icon for Launcher.

[ Edited ]

Well, I don't understand why someone have to download a launcher with the same name and the same icon of the official facebook app, people would be confused.

The official facebook app is good and fast

In my opinion they were right to reject it, i hate when I download an app and discover that's it's a simple launcher

edit: removed playbook references as i misunderstood

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve

I got another answer, maybe helpful to others:

Hello Kris, below the answers:

Hi, i have questions. When i buy icon pack social on your site i can used this icon in my mobile commercial application? This application is pay (0.99$).
-yes. 

When i use facebook icon in my application(pay 0.99$) i dont have problem with Facebook TEAM???
-not at all. 

Generally, when buy pack social icon i can used this icon on all my pay and commercial project???
-yes :smileyhappy: 

Pleas reply me. Kris.

Regards,

Shock Family
Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud

In my opinion even if the author of the icon pack says that it's allowed to use, the facebook logo it's still a copyrighted logo, so you can't use as the main icon.

For example, a facebook app for android (not a launcher, a native facebook app), had to change the name from "FBAndroid" to "Bloo" and they also had to change the icon, otherwise people would be confused and think it's the official app.

Ps: Why a launcher? Launchers are useless and they make money just because they trick the users to believe that it's a full-blown app.
RIM should reject this kind of apps and I am glad they rejected it.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

Why launcher is better than native icon FB???

1. Better Icon. native icon is nasty! People like nice icons.

2. Launcher is better because i always have access to application in menu system. No search in folder etc!

3. Vibration when user launch application and more options!!

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a BBAppWorld forum and not a FacebookDev one, isn't it? I don't understand why you post complaints here about Facebook policies.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

App World = Application in App World = Icon in this application,in App World.

And i answer to: @Magnetic_dud

I correct you. and let me tell you something .... do not you show your response interestingNormal spam.

Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud

Ah, I understand

In that case I suggest you to submit it again explaining that you have the permission to use the logo.

Or, tweet to @blackberrydev your problem, usually they will contact you by email to solve the problem, I did that when I wanted to submit an app that contained the word RIM (hence, rejected because a trademarked name)