Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
razorek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10LE
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

File release denied (again) - this time: duplicate application... HELP!

Hi,

My product "Royal Solitare" has just been denied in BlackBerry World for the fourth time. This time the testers noted that it's a duplicate application.

I guess, it's sort of a duplicate - it's a trial. I have a "normal" paid app in BlackBerry World for over a year now. I don't want to put all my current users in a place where they won't see any new updates. So I won't remove the current app, like the e-mail form testers suggest.

I've followed an advice form BlackBerry empoyees, and created a free app with in-app payment to unlock the full version. The free version works for 24 hours and then asks the user to unlock it by buying a virtual good.

How am I supposed to correctly submit the app in BlackBerry World to finally have it approved? I really think it should be accepted as-is.

I'm  a bit nervous now, but I understand I've made a few mistakes and the testers can too. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

Re: File release denied (again) - this time: duplicate application... HELP!

I thought about the problem for a while and I think I found a satisfying solution:

the free app will be called "Royal Solitaire Try & Buy" in the vendor portal

both apps will be called "Royal Solitaire" in the bar descriptor

* in the AppWorld users will be able to tell the difference

* after install the trial app name won't include "Try & Buy" suffix (I find it ugly in the app list)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi razorek,

Sorry for the delay in my response. The reason for the original denial is that even if the Vetting team did approve it, having an identical name as the orignal "Royal Solitaire", the Portal wouldn't have allowed you to post it for sale anyways. 

My suggest was going to be to maybe add "Freemium" or something to the name of the 'Free-to-download-pay-later" version; however Try & Buy' works as well. 

I see you've submitted it for review.  I'll see if I can look at this shortly for you. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
razorek

Oh, ok so now I understand. It's good to know that my idea is on par with what you would suggest :smileyhappy:.

Thank you for your help, I hope I've done everything right this time.

Please use plain text.