Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook, storm, curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

File release denied, the free version, not the payed version

A few days ago I uploaded the free version of my app 'GPS with Google Maps'. It's called 'GPS with Google Maps Free'.

So this evening I get an email saying the app release has been denied because of the name?????

And I am told to use 'GPS using Google Maps Free' instead of 'GPS with Google Maps Free'.

Really? 

It takes days to get anything done and then this. I am sick of having to contact rim for support over things like this.

So I send an email and now I have to wait a few more days to get a response.. as usual.

So can I get some support here?

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS.

Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: File release denied, the free version, not the payed version

Hi AD5K0,

Thanks for raising your concern, we've been working steadily over the last few months to improve our engagement with the community and having these issues raised as soon as they happen helps me work with the team to correct.  I'm looking into this for you.

We will contact you offline via the address we have on file for your vendor account.

Regular Contributor

I also uploaded a new version of GPS with Google Maps on the 18th, it's version 1.0.5.1 it still has not been reviewed and it's just an upgrade.

I would be grateful if you could look into that too.

Thanks,

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS
Regular Contributor

GPS with Google Maps upgrade version 1.0.5.1 has been approved but it's not showing up on appworld yet and there is no notification on my playbook showing it is available. But I know it can take up to 24 hours for that to happen.

The free version 'GPS with Google Maps Free' is still being denied because of the word 'with' in the app name.

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS.

Regular Contributor

Samyotte,

GPS with Google Maps update 1.0.5.1 is now available on app world.

GPS with Google Maps Free is still being denied release. The only reason for this is because it has the word 'with' in the app name.. just like the full version.

I have not recieved any emails from the app veting team and I would appreciate some feedback on this if possible. 

Thanks,

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS

Retired

sorry for this.  I sent them another ping this am.  I'll keep a close eye on this

Regular Contributor

Samyotte,

Thank you for the fast response and for the help.

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS
Regular Contributor

I just received a totally asinine email from the blackberry appworld store front manager.

Saying the same thing, they cannot allow the word 'with' in the app name, even though the word 'with' is used in the paid version which already sells on app world.

I have an app selling on app world called 'GPS with Google Maps', I upload the free version called 'GPS with Google maps free' and it gets turned down because of the the word 'with' in the name.

Really, what are those people smoking?  Are they truly incapable of understanding what I am saying?

I suppose now I will be printing off these emails and mailing them to RIM head office for an explanation of the logic here.  Because I have just about given up developing for blackberry devices and I want to know why I have been treated this way. I am done.

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS.

Retired

Hi AD5KO,

give me a chance to investigate.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: File release denied, the free version, not the paid version

They are now saying I need to change the name of both apps, the paid version and the free version.

I have told them to go ahead and do that, but I will need to rewrite the apps to reflect the name change because the name GPS with Google Maps is incorporated into the apps themselves.

If it were not for this forum I wouldn't have had anywhere to turn. I also received a rather nice email from the app world store front manager and I am grateful for that.

There needs to be some consistency in the decisions made by the app vetting team, and better communications, then we wouldn't have these problems.

Samyotte, thank you for all your help.  It seems this issue has been resolved.

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS.