Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
delcasda
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer ,is it working properly?

Hi,

I submitted a Playbook game, "Gaby the Talking Shark", to BlackBerry App World™ last Saturday February 4th and it got approved on Monday 6th but I did not receive any message asking for  shipping information . Offer FAQ says:

• When do the free PlayBooks ship? How long does this shipping take? When you’re app is approved, we will send you an email to enter your shipping information. We then pick and pack your BlackBerry PlayBook and send you an email with the tracking number.

But this did not happen to me.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vegaz
My Device: -
My Carrier: ...

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer ,is it working properly?

Alec Saunders, RIM’s vice president of developer relations, announced on Twitter that Android developers who port their applications over to the PlayBook will get a free 16GB PlayBook tablet. Those who would like to get their hands on the slate must submit their apps to BlackBerry AppWorldby February 13, then email developeroutreachprogram@rim.com with the name of their app to make their claim.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/blackberry/rim-offers-android-devs-free-playbooks-if-they-por...

Please use plain text.
Developer
SteveLV702
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

okay just emailed that address guess see what they say :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delcasda

Yes, I sent an email also but for the moment did not get any answer. Terms & conditions say nothing about it http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/terms_conditions.jsp

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Have some patience, I suspect that they will start sending PlayBooks after 13. February

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delcasda

OFF TOPIC- I can not find your app Vendortool on my playbook. Do you have restrintions for Spain?
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re VendorTool - it is only for smartphones, sorry, I should have mentioned this. I'm a hardcore Java developer, need to improve my WebWorks skills to make it for PlayBook :smileywink:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
delcasda

can I ask you what API do you use to access vendor data?
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

If you remember from the first round of free playbooks.  It took RIM a month and so to send out the free PB.

If your app is approved and you get the free PB email then you are set.  Just fill in the shipping info when they ask you and then wait for it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
SteveLV702
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Got email with redeem URL entered shipping info submitted order and then got this email:

"The order for your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is now being processed and we expect to ship the unit to you within the next 72 hours.

We’re fairly certain that you’re looking forward to putting this new tablet through its paces and finding out exactly what it can do. Likewise, we are also eager to get it into your hands so you can see your app in action, and try out the many features.

As soon as your order ships, we will notify you and send the tracking number for reference."
Please use plain text.