Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
KrishnaPathak
My Device: Playbook Tablet

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer ,is it working properly?

Hey guys, I managed to get approved for a vendor account by the 2/15 deadline. Not sure what to program, because I'm afraid of it being denied :smileyvery-happy:

My son's a high school student and I noticed he always types his homework on loose leaf paper but always carries his cell phone with him.

Was thinking maybe I could write an app that is like a school assignment notebook, able to add your own subjects? It'll have an integrated calendar and all. Does that sound like a good app that'd get me approved? 

Developer
SteveLV702
My Device: Playbook

could be good but whatever it is you got less then 7 days to write, test & submit app to make deadline to qualify for the free playbook...

Contributor
dweinberger
My Device: n/a

It would probably get approved (unless it goes against the BB Vendor guidelines or isn't signed), but if it's too complicated it might take them longer to test. I would suggest submitting a simpler app with basic functionality now, and work on your main app for a longer stretch of time. I believe that's what most people are doing.

Good luck!

New Contributor
KrishnaPathak
My Device: Playbook Tablet

Any ideas? :\
I'm running out of time, I feel like I waited too long. Scratch that, I DID wait too long.
Contributor
dweinberger
My Device: n/a

Here's what I did: I basically created an library app that showcases some of the essays and projects I did in college. It's really simple and took me about 2 hours to do the designing and coding. I used basic HTML and WebWorks.

If this idea works for you, you are welcome to use it.

I can't guarantee anything though, because my app still hasn't been accepted! :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
bassie1995
My Device: None yet

For lack of good support from RIM, I'm posting this here, hoping any of you have an answer:

Hello,

Some time ago, I received a rejection email for my app, which was to be expected. So, I tried to follow the instructions in that mail to correct the error:

#1. Click on "Manage Products"
#2. Click on the "magnifying glass" icon (view) in the "Releases" column.
#3. Click on the "pencil" icon (edit) beside the release number you want edit.
#4. Click on the "Add Release Version" tab.
#5. Change Platform type from 'Smartphone to Tablet'
#5. Select 2.0 for the Min. OS in the drop down field and click save.

However, this is not possible, as the Vendor Portal says “ERROR!!” when executing step 5, by deleting the Phone bundle, as there is no way to switch between the Platform or OS.

Will you skip this Release and review Release 2 of my app, and then approve that, making me eligible for a PlayBook still? Because I have not received anything about the second release of the app.

With regards

Regular Contributor
aesteral
My Device: Blackberry Whatever

[ Edited ]

I wonder did anyone here recieve a tracking code from RIM? I saw on a russian board that there is a mysterious "Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is on its way to you" e-mail.

On a different note, it's certainly not a wise idea to outsource your logistics to a brand management company, isn't it?

New Contributor
Slayn2034
My Device: PlayBook

@Aesteral i submitted my shipping info on February 16th. still haven't got a tracking number email.
Regular Contributor
aesteral
My Device: Blackberry Whatever

Well, Alec Saunders (RIM VP) said that they were going to ship all queued Playbooks today so I was hoping to see some news about tracking numbers.

New Contributor
Slayn2034
My Device: PlayBook

Hope i get mine soon before GDC starts.