Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: None yet

Re: Free BlackBerry PlayBook Offer ,is it working properly?

This time, I received a mail that I didn't have an icon (forgot :smileytongue:), but also that I had to declare it in blackberry-tablet.xml.

Now, there's no rush anymore since the first version was submitted on time, and I got the mail for being ''on the road to...'', but where should it be? How should I include it in the .bar file? I'm making them via the online Android repackager...

Developer
My Device: Playbook

Submitted shipping info  Feb 12th

No Tracking Number

No Shipment, No Playbook

No Response from BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com  emailed several times...

Submitted another app that has been "Waiting on Testing House" since Feb 12th also...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I'm in the same boat; submitted an app over a week ago and another on the 25th and both are waiting on the test house.  Do the apps need to be submitted to the Vendor Portal or to the App Store by March 2 in order to qualify for the free Playbook offer?  

It would be disappoointing if my apps didn't qualify for the offer because they were tied up in the testing house until after the March 2 deadline passes,

Developer

It just has to be submitted by March 2nd doesnt have to be approved by then....   Even if came back rejected say March 10th you can fix it and once approved get the free playbook......

So you could submit it March 1st, 2012 and it not get approved until June 8th and stil qualify for the playbook.......

**Think next promo needs to be a free blackberry phone..... as would love to develop phone apps but dont have phone to test on my BB Phone is so old try to install AppWorld on it and I get a popup saying "LOL You Kidding Me"

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Whatever

A little estimate for those waiting for app approval. The Developer Relations team of RIM said on Twitter that they are currently reviewing apps submitted on February 11th.

Developer

lol so I just got a reply back from BlackBerryPlayBookOffer <BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com>

saying:

"Hello,

Your device has shipped via FedEx tracking number 49557907****

Kind Regards,
The BlackBerry Developer Program Team"
I go to fedex.com to track it says it was Delivered Feb 17, 2012 at 10:27AM problem here is shows it was delivered to location: London GB
I am located in Las Vegas, NV USA so not like they accidently delivered to next door neighbor or someone down the street but its not even in the right Country....
Regular Contributor

Just got an unexpected reply from TMGideas with a tracking code. Fedex shows that my Playbook is now being processed by customs in Kiev.

Contributor
My Device: n/a

Ha that's pretty messed up. What info did you give them to look it up?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

And that's just great. I called FedEx a couple of minutes ago and they told me that sender (Touchstone) has requested my parcel to be returned to United States. So now my Playbook is going back overseas and will probably reach me like never.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Well guys i got my playbook, but never got the tracking number.  so  if anyone needs shipping estimates(especially my fellow bay area folk).  i sent shipping info Feb 16th and recieved it feb 29th.