Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
caneraltinbasak
My Device: Playbook

Free playbook offer - Problems with customs tax

I am having problems with the Turkish Customs office. They are asking for a charge nearly equal to the price of playbook for the customs fees. In fedex tracking utility, I can see it is delivered, but actually it is delivered to customs office, not me. I am sure there are many other facing the same problem. I've sent a mail to BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com about this subject.
What should I do now? What did you do?
New Contributor
makifcakar

Re: Free playbook offer - Problems with customs tax

[ Edited ]

This is not a customs issue. It's all about Fedex servicing strategy. If you take a look at fedex bill you can see 35 usd customs tax and about 225 usd fedex service fee.

In the other hand RIM and tmgideas do not answer any mails about this issue.

Trusted Contributor
Magnetic_dud
My Device: Z10

I had to pay "just" 32 euro of taxes because I sent customs the documentations that it was really free, and I was lucky enough.

Otherwise I would have paid the 26% of the actual price in italy that is 499 euro - ugh, almost the price of a new one in the USA...
New Contributor
makifcakar

You are lucky one :smileyhappy: If package was sent thru USPS or another carrier we could receive package by just paying 35 usd. In Turkey, Fedex has a right to operate as customs officer even you don't want their service :smileyhappy: