Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Frustrating time with 'lost' BlackBerry ID and logging in

I have a number of BlackBerry IDs, some associated with devices, some not, because as a developer I need to manage different IDs for different purposes (and different customers).

The ID that is causing me grief at present is one I use as the id for one of my BlackBerry World Vendor accounts.  I used this last week and got part way through adding a new product, but bailed because I needed some screen shots.  Now that I have these, I wanted to complete the add.  

But the Blackberry ID that I used last week is not recognized as either associated with a Vendor, or for that matter, as a valid BlackBerry ID at all.

Now I know the email address is valid because I have emails from BlackBerry asking me to fill in the vendor survey.  I thought perhaps I had mistyped the password, but it is not even letting me reset the password - it tells me the id is not valid. 

In trying to resolve this, I am very frustrated by two things:

a) The fact that I can not find an email address to contact in all the help and faq pages that I can get access to (via BlackBerry World, or BlackBerry ID web sites) without signing in (I have not looked when signed in with one of my other ids because I should not have to sign in to get some help with signing in....)

b) The number of times I have been asked to enter the verification code to prove I am not an automata.  Once is OK, twice I understand, but once I have done it that number of times surely the page will understand that I am really not a computer.....

Note that the id I having problems with is not associated with a device and is the only id that has access to this vendor account. 

Anyway, can anyone provide me with an email contact I can use to help get access to my vendor account back?  As you can't post email addresses here, please PM me.  Or point me at the web page (I couldn't find) where one is referenced.....

Cheers

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Frustrating time with 'lost' BlackBerry ID and logging in

If I were you, I'd contact Melleb directly via PM.

Although I just noticed from the profile she has not logged in here since 7 Oct.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
adwiv

The survey emails and product approval email are sent to the email address given in the vendor portal not to the BBID email.

Did you try recreating that BlackBerry ID?

Developer
peter_strange

Recreated the BlackBerry ID, then attempted to use it to log in to my vendor portal.  No luck, says my passowrd doesn't match, tried to reset my password, but don't get an email.... 

Developer
adwiv

Check your spam folder. The BBID creation mail generally lands there nowdays :smileyhappy:

You need to click on the verify email link before the login will become active.

Developer
peter_strange

I got the BB ID recreation email OK and verified that.  The issue is the Vendor account....

Developer
peter_strange

JSanders

Peter, I think you should click on that URL. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
adwiv

peter_strange wrote:

I got the BB ID recreation email OK and verified that.  The issue is the Vendor account....

Whats the problem with vendor account? There is a "forget password" for the vendor portal too after you login with BBID?

JSanders

He knows his password. Now.

Knowledge Base Updates