Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
ben_viewranger
My Device: BB10

GPS stops sending & receiving when BB10 devices go dim or into sleep mode???

Hi

We have recently released a major update on http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/87237/, we have had some reports that the GPS stops working when the device goes dim or into sleep mode and that this causes the GPS to stop sending and recieving data. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

This is the message we display to users at the moment: Please note: It can take a while to get first GPS fix, best done outdoors with clear view of sky. The Playbook disables the GPS, when the screen turns black, as track recording and active waypoint navigation rely on real-time GPS location, these features will not work accurately, unless you make provision to maintain the active screen. Need more info: see our website: www.viewranger.com. Any questions or feedback, please drop us an e-mail: support@viewranger.com I hope we can resolve this issue.

Ben

Please use plain text.
Developer
vtong
My Device: Z10

Re: GPS stops sending & receiving when BB10 devices go dim or into sleep mode???

Did you try to enable : Run in Background in bar-descriptor.xml?
Hope this fix your issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ben_viewranger
My Device: BB10

Re: GPS stops sending & receiving when BB10 devices go dim or into sleep mode???

I forgot to mention it's an Android port so we're unable to use this.

Please use plain text.