Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
jaymax
My Device: Blacberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Verizon

Getting Started; vs_plugin.31 - Blackberry Toolbar

I am looking into the development of apps for the Blackberry and am seeking some directions in getting started.

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft SQL and The Blackberry Simulators package installed. The vs_plugin.31 is installed also but does not appear in the Visual Studio Application GUI/Window.

Any general and specific advice and directives would be expected.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
DAquilina
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Getting Started; vs_plugin.31 - Blackberry Toolbar

You may want to consider posting JDE-related questions in the Java Development Section. This board is specifically for AppWorld questions. (But please don't double post)

That said, I have no experience with Visual Studio in this reagrd. All of my recent Java Development has been done using Eclipse.

Sorry,

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaymax

I am actually feeling my way around, with lack of any clear direction - I shall go over there; hopefully it would provide a starting point

Please use plain text.
New Developer
BB_BigDaddy
My Device: Not Specified

hi,  im using eclipse as well in developing java applications for blackberry.  can you help me how to invoice connection to an sql database, are there any software requirements in order for me to access sql database?

Thanks.

BD.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaymax

I might not be of much assistance. I have moved away from tbe Blackberry for the Android. The Blacberry ought to make their apps development a bit smoother. A good concise starting manual would be good to establish a solid platform on which systems could be built. To me it seems that we start diverging from the very begining.

I might be wrong.

Please use plain text.