Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
maxxx557
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

[HELP] I want my DevAlpha ....

Hello 

I hope any supporter will read this in the next hours...

I submitted 6 Apps while the Port-a-Thon and 5 got approved very quick with no problems, but one took longer and was denied.  The reason was a small Android-Icon in the splashscreen that was not allowed, I understood it and modified the splashscreen and resubmitted it as a new release a few hours later on 29th November.

Then I got the email that I´m eligible for the category 3 rewards - the DevAlpha I worked for and I wanted so badly since it was first distributed. I submitted my games as quick as possible because I wanted to be one of the first 100...

I waited a long time for my game to release and today I got an email saying that it had not been approved:

After installing your application on BlackBerry Dev Alpha and BlackBerry PlayBook, we got scaling issue, image only showing half on the screen. Please fix the scaling issue. 

First  of all the first review never told me anything about the resolution being a problem - they had the same working game just the logo changed!

The other thing is that I WANTED my game to have this size because its a classic game my cousins and others like to play in this way!

So please (!) don´t take my reward away and approve my game in that version i submitted!

The Ticked ID´s are 692653 and 702361 and the game name is Maze Game , my vendor mail is max.friemann@gmx.de. I hope someone will understand this and get the app approved.

Best Regards, 

Max Friemann

Regular Contributor
Ovogame
My Device: Playbook, DevAlpha

Re: [HELP] I want my DevAlpha ....

Did you received an email about how many apps did qualify? Simply reply to it and explain your problem, may be they'll be able to sort this out. (this is what I did, as some of my apps where missing and they did resolved the problem).

JC

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Contributor
maxxx557

The only thing I got now is the mail with the list of games in that are in the programm period ...

Regular Contributor
Ovogame
My Device: Playbook, DevAlpha

that's the one, reply to it.

JC

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Retired
bzubert
My Device: Not Specified

This app failed due to the UI only filling half the screen.  Have provided suggestions/recommendations on how to resolve via Twitter.

Brian Zubert
Technical Partnership Manager
Research In Motion
Contributor
maxxx557

Hey

I made a new release for the game with a little text to fill up the free space.

Also I decided to make it an BB10 Phone only game.

Could someone (bzubert?) please review Ticket ID 712466 ? And will I still be eligible for the reward as the first 

denied review never told me something about this rule. He had seen the whole app and had could mentioned this and I would have made a fix in the 2nd release. Now the deadline for resubmissions is over but I dont think this is fair .... 

Please understand my side ... 

Max

BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Thanks maxxx557,

I've taken a look and all looks good.  I've approved the release/app.

Contributor
maxxx557

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much :smileyhappy:

Do you know how long it takes until I will get a email about shipping my stuff?