Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
SageGames
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Having problems signing a flash swf file for Whiteboard Tower Defense

I submitted the game Whiteboard Tower Defense well before March 15th. Apparently I am having trouble getting it signed. The signing process runs, completes, and I submitted it, but I'm told it was supposed to generate a bunch more files than it did. I emailed blackberry app world requests and after several days I was told to email development support. It has been two weeks since I emailed dev support, and all I got was an automated response telling me my incident number is INC000022756153. According to my reject email I was supposed to have the files: - RDK.SF - RDK.EC - MANIFEST.MF - AURTHOR.SF - AUTHOR.EC I have tried several times now to sign my application. I don't get the extra files listed below. I start with: client-RDK-3571298317.csj playbookkey.p12 blackberry-tablet.xml WTD_icon.png WTD_splash.png whiteboardTD_PB-app.xml whiteboardTD_PB.swf The only output I get is a file named "BAR5971919570144853211.tmp" and the .bar file. The commands I execute are: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-airpackager" -package whiteboard.bar -password josh -installApp -device 192.168.132.128 -launchApp whiteboardTD_PB-app.xml whiteboardTD_PB.swf blackberry-tablet.xml WTD_splash.png WTD_icon.png "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-signer" -verbose -cskpass mypassword1 -keystore "C:\PB\playbookkey.p12" -storepass mypassword2 "C:\PB\Whiteboard TD\whiteboard.bar" RDK Which step should be creating the extra files listed? And since getting help on this has taken so long, does this mean I am no longer qualified to receive a free playbook even though I had my app submitted early? Josh.
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Having problems signing a flash swf file for Whiteboard Tower Defense

That's quite unreadable, plase use the Insert Code button to paste the code, so one could read it, something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-airpackager" -package whiteboard.bar -password josh -installApp -device 192.168.132.128 -launchApp whiteboardTD_PB-app.xml whiteboardTD_PB.swf blackberry-tablet.xml WTD_splash.png WTD_icon.png 

After you execute the step above you should have the whiteboard.bar. If you open that .bar file with WinRar you will see META-INF and air folders. META-INF will contain only MANIFEST.MF

Next step would be

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-signer" -verbose -cskpass mypassword1 -keystore "C:\PB\playbookkey.p12" -storepass mypassword2 "C:\PB\Whiteboard TD\whiteboard.bar" RDK

After this step META-INF folder should contain two addition files  - RDK.SF - RDK.EC

And one final step (to sign as author)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-signer" -keystore "C:\PB\playbookkey.p12" -storepass mypassword2 "C:\PB\Whiteboard TD\whiteboard.bar" author

After this step META-INF folder should contain again two addition files - AURTHOR.SF - AUTHOR.EC

And you are good to go

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SageGames
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Having problems signing a flash swf file for Whiteboard Tower Defense

Reposting to attempt to make it readable. (It keeps removing newlines).  I will give the instructions you suggested a try.

I submitted the game Whiteboard Tower Defense well before March 15th. Apparently I am having trouble getting it signed. The signing process runs, completes, and I submitted it, but I'm told it was supposed to generate a bunch more files than it did. I emailed blackberry app world requests and after several days I was told to email development support. It has been two weeks since I emailed dev support, and all I got was an automated response telling me my incident number is INC000022756153.

According to my reject email I was supposed to have the files:
- RDK.SF
- RDK.EC
- MANIFEST.MF
- AURTHOR.SF
- AUTHOR.EC

I have tried several times now to sign my application. I don't get the extra files listed below. I start with:

client-RDK-3571298317.csj
playbookkey.p12
blackberry-tablet.xml
WTD_icon.png
WTD_splash.png
whiteboardTD_PB-app.xml
whiteboardTD_PB.swf

The only output I get is a file named "BAR5971919570144853211.tmp" and the .bar file. The commands I execute are:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-airpackager" -package whiteboard.bar -password josh -installApp -device 192.168.132.128 -launchApp whiteboardTD_PB-app.xml whiteboardTD_PB.swf blackberry-tablet.xml WTD_splash.png WTD_icon.png

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin\blackberry-signer" -verbose -cskpass mypassword1 -keystore "C:\PB\playbookkey.p12" -storepass mypassword2 "C:\PB\Whiteboard TD\whiteboard.bar" RDK

Which step should be creating the extra files listed? And since getting help on this has taken so long, does this mean I am no longer qualified to receive a free playbook even though I had my app submitted early?

Josh.

Please use plain text.