Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9220

How can I get COD file from JAR&JAD?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I developed some applications with J2ME, and some of them is in RIMlet, and some of them is MIDlet.

I used Eclipse Blackberry plug-in.

And, I created and finalized the vendor account.

But now I couldnt understand which file I should sent for review? I filled new app form from manage products, and now I should sent my applcations.

I used to load my apps into my Blackberry smartphone using JAR and JAD.

But now it wants COD from me?

I tried loading cod file(created by eclipse) using blackberry desktop software but unfortunately I couldnt be succeded :smileysad:

How can I get the appropriate COD file? And should I send any other file too?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: How can I get COD file from JAR&JAD?

BBWorld requires only COD file, nothing else. Generally speaking you can install JAD + COD on your phone for testing purposes. Desktop manager requires ALX file + COD file (I think there is an option in Eclipse to generate ALX file).

I'm not expert in Midlets so you may want to ask that question in Java Dev forum:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/bd-p/java_dev

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9220

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

Okey, I'll sent .cod file, BUT;

Which .cod file?

Eclipse is creating a cod file when I debug, but I couldnt load it too. Maybe I can do something more and create new .cod file?

Is there anybody knows that where I can get appropriate .cod file to put it into Blackberry Appworld?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

As I suggested in my previous post, please try asking this question in Java Dev forum.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry