Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
solisisq
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

How can I update my paypal email address in appworld?

I work for a company. They want to change the paypal address digital river pays out to. Fortunately there is NO way to do this in the appworld panel, nor is there any help to be found on this site, the forums or anywhere else on the entire internet.

Can this be done? Need I ask why it's not a SIMPLE proceedure, like basically every other website on the planet?

To whom it may concern - I cannot believe my eyes. This website is possibly the least navigable thing I have ever had the severe misfortune of seeing. The appworld developer panel should DEFINITELY have a support option that is not this awful "forum" system you see here. You know, the "forum" that is really a convoluted mess of pointless garbage that must be sifted through carefully to hopefully find where you think you want to go. It's truly ridiculous and if you disagree then you are only doing so because you wasted the time to figure out this rubik's cube. Anything is easy if you dedicate enough time to solving it. Nice try.

I also appreciate having to use numbers, upper and lower case characters in my password. I love having a special one for this throw away account that I might look at twice a year. You basically forced me to reset my password every time I need to login. If I want a weak password, let me have it.

But it's no big deal or anything. You only cost my company about $300 in lost billable time thanks to this pile of trash website and its absolute lack of support. I would have sent this message to a non public place but I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW!!!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
mariagracia32
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: How can I update my paypal email address in appworld?

once you are on the vendor portal go tp "Manage Account Details" then click the "Paypal info tab" just follow the instructions! it's that simple!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
solisisq

Are you kidding? My problem isn't that I can't find the paypal tab. No problems there. My problem is the ONLY thing on that page is an unchangable string that is my current set paypal address AND this USELESS notice:

Please click on the "Check out with PayPal" logo below to modify your PayPal Account.

Then, of course, a button to log into paypal with THE PAYPAL ADDRESS I'M TRYING TO CHANGE! My company wants to be paid to a DIFFERENT paypal address. I CANNOT do this on the paypal page OBVIOUSLY!! Even if I could that's about the most idiotic user interface BB could have possibly worked out AND they would have to have teamed up with Paypal to implement that dumb idea. I almost hope that's how you do it so I can swear off BB and paypal forever.

I don't know what you get on your screen, but mine is all empty except the 2 things mentioned.

Again, I do not want to change ANYTHING about the paypal account itself. We use it for TONS of things unrelated to BB. That's why we want to change it to a new Paypal account specifically for app downloads. New account! New account! WTF BB why is this not an editable field?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mariagracia32

you have to click on the "useless" button (Check out with PayPal) And log in with the NEW paypal address you want payments sent to. that's how i changed mine too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Developer
mariagracia32

it's not an editable field maybe because you need to prove you are the owner of the "new" paypal account and it's in perfect condition. maybe a  way to avoid mistakes. so you have to log in to your new paypal account with that button in order to change the payments address.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
solisisq

Thanks. Yes, this worked but it is still a horrible process that is absolutely not user friendly. Why would this ever be controlled by another business entity?

BB - At the very least put a notice on the preferences page that explains the process. One line would do: To change the paypal account associated with your appworld account, click the button below and login with the new account. That's all that is needed but nooooo...

Paypal does not say that you need to login with the new account, they even auto fill the current one leading you to believe you are supposed to change the info after you log in with the current account. It's just plain stupid to do it this way.

You don't need a convoluted method like this to "confirm" anything so people don't mess up. How about just a big red headline warning you to make sure before you submit - just like the big red warning they give you after you update the account through paypal? It's already there and clear. Instead we get an interface NOBODY is used to and people have to waste other people's time hunting down answers to things that should be obvious.

ridiculous.

Please use plain text.