Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
mmd12
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

How does Bango work?

Allow me to clarify my question.

With BB Commerce:

Each month around the 16th to the 19th I receive a statement from BB Commerce detailing the sales through them from the prior month.  If the total they owe me is greater than around $1.40 I will receive payment shortly thereafter.

With Digital River:

Each month around the 8th I can log on to their website and get an ePen report detailing the sales through them from the prior month.  If the total they owe me is greater than around $1.40 I will receive payment around the 25th of the month.  They have two pipelines, the US and the Rest of the World.

With Bango:

I don't know.  Am I supposed to log into a website (I haven't been able to see where this is done)?  Are they supposed to keep me informed of the sales through them on a monthly basis?  Do I have to wait until they have $50.00 worth of payments and then I get to reconcile their details against the vendor portal payment report?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How does Bango work?

All of the three (BBCom, DR, Bango)  are sending invoices each month. Bango sends it at the beginning of next month (for the previous month), however you will receive your money two months later. Please note that Bango is charging lately like $6 per payment transaction and probably you'll have to wait to pass the $50 limit before you see any money in your account.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
mmd12

Thank you, QuiteSimple.

I guess my problem is that I've had a few sales through Bango these past 4 months and I've seen nothing from them.  I realize that the total is less than the $50.00 threshold.  Are you saying that I should have received a statement from them, or do I need to wait until the $50.00 limit is reached in order to reconcile my sales?

You may not know the answer if your sales are consistently above the $50.00 level each month.  Me, I'm just small potatoes.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

You can ask Bango (support@bango.com) about your case, they usually reply fast (1-2 days).

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
jplust
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook, DevAlphaC, Z10LE
My Carrier: o2

same "problem" here... never get a statement from them. i recently wrote an email to the support...

Please use plain text.
Developer
mmd12

As QuiteSimple mentioned, Bango was quick to reply.  Following is a copy of what I received.  If I'm reading it correctly, I won't see any detail of sales until reaching the $50.00 threshold.  Makes keeping track of things and reconciling more difficult.  Couple that with not receiving a statement from BBCommerce this month, but still getting paid from them...... um, gee wiz.

"Thanks for your email

You get paid 60 days after the end of the month in which your content is sold - so revenues for content sold in January will be paid at the end of March.

If money earned during the month is less than £50 or $50 or €50 the balance will be carried over to the next month until the minimum payment of £50 or $50 or €50 is reached.

Once we process a payment to you, you will also receive a self billing invoice. This will contain detailed information regarding sales for your package.

Kind regards"

Please use plain text.