Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: -

How long until a submitted app is visible to test users?

Hi, I submitted my first Z10 app three days ago.

I created a couple of test usersfror the sandbox  at the same time, but none of us can see the app yet on BlackBerry World.

Does it really take this long to show up, or are we doing something silly (more than possible...)? Perhaps its not the normal BlackBerry World where we should be looking?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How long until a submitted app is visible to test users?

For sandbox testing, supposedly one can use the Development Mode feature to bypass the approval delay.

Assuming this works for you, and it hasn't for me yet, you put the device in Development Mode, then go into the BBWorld app settings menu, select the magically-now-visible Development Mode page, and enter the product id for your app in the numeric field. When you hit the button, it should find the app and let you download it, if your BBID is properly configured as a sandbox account.

This apparently works for "DRAFT" mode apps, though since technically submitting one for approval makes it not draft mode any more, I don't know if that's why it's never worked for me. (I did, however, try once or twice with DRAFT mode releases present as well, and still had no luck.)

I think this was described by whomever I saw posting about it (Garett?) as "if it doesn't work, try again a bit later", so I cleverly deduced from this that it's known not to be 100% reliable...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: -

Hi Peter,

No it doesn't work for me either.  I'll take it up with Garett at the Toronto Dev group meeting on the 25th if I can't sort it out before then.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Any news on this?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.