Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

How many sales for each platform?

I have the same SKU for both a playbook app and a BB10 app.

How can I find out sales for each version of the app - is there an easy way to do it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: How many sales for each platform?

Schedule a download report in the vendor portal and download the resulting csv file.  There are fields for device model, OS version, carrier, country, etc.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

[ Edited ]

Thanks,

I have scheduled a report and it does indeed tell me the devices that donwloaded the app.

The only problem is, the sale prices are all messed up as there are loads of different currencies, is there an easy way to find out how much has been earnt in USD?

Also, what does 'Imagination' and 'Qualcomm' mean? It's in the device field, others are 'PlayBook' and BlackBerry'.

Also, I was wondering, does the scheduled reports include data from Bango sales?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

'Imagination' and 'Qualcomm' are two different cpu's used in different version of the BlackBerry Z10. You are best off if you consider these to be the same devices...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Sorry, I don't know the answer on the questions about currency conversion to USD or Bango sales.  Last I recall the prices in overseas markets were subject to adjustment by BlackBerry and the process wasn't very transparent.  On top of that, most currencies have a floating exchange rate that can change continuously 24 hours/day during the business week.  There's probably a standard time of day that is used to convert to USD - maybe the close of trade in New York, since that's the official demarcation of the end of one trading day and the beginning of the next trading day for currencies.  Rates tend to be stable at that time of day unless there is rare breaking global economic or central bank news.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

Thanks, does anyone know if Bango figures are included in these reports?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mmd12
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Bango sales are included in the purchase reports.  You can verify by logging in to your Bango account and getting a transaction report.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

So if Bango reports are included in the BB Developer Portal purchase reports then what is the point on having a seperate platform?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mmd12
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I don't understand your question.  The purchase report shows all sales through BB Commerce, DR and Bango consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

So when I go to:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/

And get a report, sales from Bango are included? And if this is the case, then why does the Bango portal even exist?

Please use plain text.