If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
meanman
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

How often are app charts updated? Review count staying the same

Basically I have had about 40 new reviews for my app in the last week. These new reviews have been showing up, however the review count has remained the same and it has not budged. I have refreshed the browser on the PC, tried different machines, and checked on App World, but it's still the same number. My position has to be a lot higher in the charts but it's not due to that number staying the same. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How often are app charts updated? Review count staying the same

Im guessing you mean top paid lists? I think they are updatedd daily with some movments during the day. (I was on the top paid list momentarily for a  few days). For the app world reviews they seem to be instant when they are published but app world uses some random mechanism to show different reviews at different times.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

Yeah the paid/free lists based on popularity. The reviews appear randomly on the device, this is a good thing, since the users won't immediately see a zero star review from an angry user.

My question is to do with the review count. My review count displays as "69 reviews". On my vendor portal I have 110+ reviews. Why is this number not changed, even though the newer reviews are being displayed?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

My review count has stayed the same consistently for the last few days, even though the number of reviews have doubled. If I click on the app reviews from the App World website, it displays 99 reviews, but the counter when searching for my app still only shows 69 reviews. Bug? Someone from RIM please help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

It takes a long time. If you are doing it on the website, try logging in at the top right and looking at it again. You will most likely find that it shows more up to date results. Basically, app world is just slowwwwwwww to update.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

This definitely had an effect on a new app I made, however one of my apps has been stuck on that same count for a week. It's not updating at all! The counter is the same.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

have you cleared cache and try again? it may just be your computer

Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

Many times, have tried on different machines, and on App World on two devices I did ALT+RST. The count has stayed the same for about a week.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

do you mind posting up the link to your app and what you expect?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
meanman

I just emailed RIM dev support, and got an automatic response along the lines of "Our support options have changed. In order to receive support please read through the support options outlined below."

Does this mean somebody will still read and respond to the support issue raised?

@ignites - I have PM'd you.

Please use plain text.