Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How put in a trial app a link to the purchasable app... when the app is not yet published?

Hallo,

I would like to publish on AppWorld a game with a static try and buy selling model.

I would like to insert in the trial game a link (e.g. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/clientlaunch/xxxxx where xxxx is the number of my purchasable game).

But.

to create the trial I need to know the Purchasable App ID number...

How can I do?

Can I put first on App World the purchasable app, get its number and then recompile the trial with embedded the new app ID of the purchasable app?

Or is there any other way (without using Payment service SDK)?

Thanks in advance!

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How put in a trial app a link to the purchasable app... when the app is not yet published?

When you publish an app in AppWorld there are two steps:

1) Submit app descriptions, graphics etc

2) Submit the binary of the app (COD for smartphone apps, BAR for PlayBook apps)

Once you finish step 1) you can see the appId. What I usually do: I submit the app description, get the appId, finish my app and then submit the actual binary.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Re: How put in a trial app a link to the purchasable app... when the app is not yet published?

[ Edited ]

To clarify, he means create the draft product, then you can get the ID to put in the build, then finish submitting the product.

Also, it's probably better to use the invocation API to open the product in the App World app rather than in the browser.

public static boolean awlaunch(String pid) {
  boolean rc=false;
  try {
    Registry registry = Registry.getRegistry( ac.class.getName() );
    Invocation invocation = new Invocation( null, null, "net.rim.bb.appworld.Content", true, ContentHandler.ACTION_OPEN );
    invocation.setArgs( new String[] { pid } );
    registry.invoke(invocation);
    Invocation response = registry.getResponse( false );
    rc = (response.getStatus() == Invocation.OK);
    } catch (Exception e) { }
  return rc;
}

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you very much!

It's exactly what I was looking for.