Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
emmanualvnebu
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to avoid Trademark infringement on converted apps.

[ Edited ]

Hey guyz....

I have converted an apk app to bar & submitted to appworld for review, & i ddnt use the same name or logo of the same app. still got reply says that This app claim Trademark infringement, ..

So if we are converting an app in which we dnt make any changes in the content,  how can we avoid this Trademark infringement?? & how can we publish it to appworld without issues with 3rd party product content & trademark issue..What should i do to get these converted app to get uploaded to appworld?? 

Please help me..:smileysad:.

Thanks,,

Emmanual. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to avoid Trademark infringement on converted apps.

You need to get permission from 3rd party content providers if that is the case. Did they tell you want is in violation (name, images, data)?
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to avoid Trademark infringement on converted apps.

emmanualvnebu wrote:

Hey guyz....

I have converted an apk app to bar & submitted to appworld for review, & i ddnt use the same name or logo of the same app. still got reply says that This app claim Trademark infringement, ..

So if we are converting an app in which we dnt make any changes in the content,  how can we avoid this Trademark infringement?? & how can we publish it to appworld without issues with 3rd party product content & trademark issue..What should i do to get these converted app to get uploaded to appworld?? 

Please help me..:smileysad:.

Thanks,,

Emmanual. 

If you are using somene else's app and converting it to bar and submitting it as your own, no matter how you rename it or change the logo it is still not your app and therefore still infringes their copyright. 

Think of it this way, you basically changed the cover of the book and retitled it and claimed it as your own but the book is still the same within the covers. The content within still belongs to the author (unless otherwise permitted) and therefore it is still an infringement. I understand this may be an app you want to use, however, it is best to submit your own apps and refrain from submitting apps belonging to others without their permission. Perhaps if you contacted that developer they may be open to having you submit their app but do it with their permission, you wouldnt want someone else posting your app up that you worked hard on!

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.