Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

pleslie
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

How to determine which subscribers cancelled?

My company's app has a 30-day subscription available via in-app purchase, which is fulfilled using the "Distributing digital goods from a content server" approach.  Essentially:

1) The user initiates the purchase in the app

2) RIM sends our "content server" a request for a license key ("Dynamic Licensing")

3) We respond with a valid license key, which RIM then conveys to the device via the PurchaseResult object 

4) The device conveys the license key to our server, using an authenticated API, to 'activate' the SaaS benefits that the subscription promises

This all works fine.  However, we're wondering how we'll find out about cancellations; i.e. someone who subscribes for a couple months but then cancels?

We imagine that the notification probably comes from RIM to our Content Server, but we find no information about any such notification.

How should we plan to 'discover' a cancellation, so that we can cease to provide the SaaS services that are exclusively for subscribers?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.