Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
kevhaz
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10LE, Playbook

How to proceed with an App World release with this sort of limited information...

Dear App World Vendor, 

While processing your application, release '1.0' from your product 'XXXX' (ticket XXX), for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue. 

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. 

I am testing your app on the Dev Alpha B (OS version 10.0.9. 1103) and it doesn't responding and there's a white line at the bottom of screen. 

Please note that a future build will be release shortly, and it would be prudent for you to test your application on the new build once it’s released. 

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry App World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support. 

Regards, 

In regards to submitting my App yesterday I received the above reply. I'm impressed by the speed of this reply but not at all by its content. Apart from telling me it "doesn't responding (sic)" how am I supposed to magically work out what's going on here. I have a Dev Alpha A, not a B - I don't know anyone with a B. My Dev Alpha is on the recent 10.0.9.2320 upgrade (is this the future build that will be release (sic) shortly?) and I had no issue running the app on the OS version before that. My app, as far as I can test, works (e.g. It intergrates with Scoreloop so obviously I had to test it with no connectivity etc etc). Anyone else had similar vague responses? Is there a FAQ for "why stuff built for Dev Alpha A's won't work on B's?". Or is it possible to get some more help from the nice people at BB, like a log extract, or even borrow a B for a day? (Sorry - I know you must be busy :smileyhappy: )

KevHaz

Sydney, Australia

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

Re: How to proceed with an App World release with this sort of limited information...

Assuming the "new release" that is coming "shortly" is not yet released, it may be that you have to wait and see why the new release may be causing your app to not work.

I'd say that you should try to load your signed bar file onto your device and see if it works. Do that via blackberry-deploy or your preferred way of essentially "sideloading" your own app onto your device.