Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
bdsinger
My Device: PlayBook Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

How to quickly revert a name change to the file bundle before everyone deletes my app?

Users of my initial release cannot upgrade since I changed the name of the file bundle between releases by mistake. They see only a "Delete" option in App World when they respond to the update notification. I'm guessing that's bad.

I could change the name back, but the people that downloaded the second release would have to Delete when they get the update notification.

Since I have about 20x more users in the first group, I guess I will make the new ones mad. But I'm not touching anything until I'm sure I don't make things worse.

Time is ticking away since I sent a plea for help to Vendor Support. Meanwhile more and more of them are finally getting around to updating, frowning, and deleting my app forever.

Advice?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bdsinger
My Device: PlayBook Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to quickly revert a name change to the file bundle before everyone deletes my app?

I am leaving it alone. It is ugly to Delete and Download again, but at least there is an upgrade path.

I am not sure it is the file bundle name change that did it. Would be good to know. I had added the version number to the file bundle name to make life easier for reviewers. Thought it would be repackaged to a canonical name and format by RIM a la Apple.
Please use plain text.