Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: RED
My Carrier: base(kpn)/BE, t-mobile/PL
Accepted Solution

How to remove BB10 releases/filebundles?

Hello

I have an BBOS/Java app (Contacts To Csv), which has a really good reviews, I still receive a positive feedback from the users. I have added version for BB10, made in webworks. I have tested it in the simulator and on my DevAlpha, I haven't found any issuses, so I published it.

But for BB10 version I receive a lot of complains, it seems there is something wrong and export is not successful (or not all the contacts are exported). I sent my DevAplha back as I wait for LE, so it may take some time to find the bug and solve it.

Is it possible to remove from the AppWorld BB10 version of this app? I tried to edit existing relaeses, but I cannot disable all the BB10 devices. I have left DevAlpha as a allowed device, but today I still see that app is downloaded on the Z10 devices.

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: How to remove BB10 releases/filebundles?

As far as I know, you cannot do that yourself. But maybe you can contact Vendor Support (bottom right in Vendor Portal).

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

I've had the same request in to support for the past week and a bit for one of my free apps.

In the end I pulled the whole package meaning it is no longer available on either BB10 or PlayBook.

I could publish it again (as just a PlayBook app) but since it's free I decided to wait for a reply.

Put a request in too, if you get your reply first publish it here if I get mine first I'll do the same.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

PawelGorny wrote:

I tried to edit existing relaeses, but I cannot disable all the BB10 devices. I have left DevAlpha as a allowed device, but today I still see that app is downloaded on the Z10 devices.

Choose PlayBook as supported device and deselect all other devices. Combination of PlayBook and QNX10 is not possible, so it will actually disable your release.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

@QuiteSimple once I read your post I went looking for the list and eventually found it, boy is it buried.

I've managed to remove the offending app from BB10 and leave it on only PlayBook.

I've also successfully released the same bar file for another app for both PlayBook and QNX10 and downloaded it on both platforms without having to republish.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your last sentence about disabling the release if you do this?

@PawelGorney,

The steps for getting to this are;

1) Click on Manage Products

2) Click on the 'Spy glass' icon next to the product you want to remove a device from

3) Click on the 'pencil' icon next to the release you wish to change

4) Click on the 'Add release version' tab

5) Under the Device Support heading click on the 'pencil' icon

6) From the pop-up devices list, choose only the devices you want and that are supported

7) Click on Save

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.