If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

How to resubmit app if previously denied - product ID issues

I am sure I am doing something wrong, so hope someone can point out what it is. I also asked in the webworks forum, but nobody replied there.

Anyway, I want to resubmit a denied app (or several of them) for the 2nd portathon. I tested the app, got it all ready, recompiled and signed in ripple, then go to upload it into my developer portal using a new draft, but the system won't allow it. I am getting a 'Product ID already in use' message.

During the earlier portathons, a RIM person told me to treat a resubmission like a new app, so to make a new draft, upload it, etc. -- which I have been trying to do for these resubmissions, so hope that is the right way to go about it. I was also told to increase the version number in my config file, which is shown in Ripple (increased from 1.0 to 1.1), to get around the 'Product ID already in use' problem.... but that has no effect.

So... what dumb mistake am I making? Should I not use a new draft when resubmitting? Or change something else in my config file? I am using webworks/Ripple for dev + signing.

Worst case, I can use a new product name/version in config, which will get around the product ID stuff, but then it gets rather messy.  Figured I'd ask here once more before I just give up and go that route.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: How to resubmit app if previously denied - product ID issues

poornamelessme wrote:

During the earlier portathons, a RIM person told me to treat a resubmission like a new app, so to make a new draft, upload it, etc. -- which I have been trying to do for these resubmissions, so hope that is the right way to go about it.

Wait, wait! Who told you to create a new product? That's completly wrong! If you have denied app, you just need to upload a new release, you don't need to create a new product.

The error you receive is because vendor portal does not allow to create two products with the same name. But as I wrote above, you don't need to create a new product, just fix your app and upload a new release.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
poornamelessme

So I leave the same draft (where the app was denied) and just click the '+' for releases, and add my fixed version there? Do I keep the same version number or change anything else?

It did seem peculiar to make a new draft for each resubmission, but that was what I was told at the time, so figured there was some odd portathon reason for it. For the first portathon, all it did was confuse matters, as my product IDs no longer matched.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

Yes, click the "+" sign to add a new release. Increase the version number when packaging your app, and use that version number when entering info about the release. That's all.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
poornamelessme

Thanks, that does make much more sense than the way I was doing it. And I assume it's fine if it's just a minor increment, like 1.0.0.1? And I should put that in my config and in the dev portal, I assume.

I guess during the confusion (or just a ton of people talking) during the portathons that the RIM person misunderstood my question on resubmitting apps. As making new drafts didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Is there a way to delete old drafts in our portal? I know there is no way to delete submitted apps, but for drafts, can they be cleaned out? Mine is getting very, very messy.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

Re version: minor increment is just fine

No way to delete drafts unfortunately. You can only rename it to z_Draft so it goes to the end of the list.

Please use plain text.