Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I Cant Turn My Curve 8300 On.

Every time i turn off my phone (verizon curve, about a year old) it wont turn back on. I went to the store and a worker said it was because they were pushing new material through, but that if i pulled the battery out it would work (thats not even what she did. she replaced it with a new battery and once it turned on, she pulled it out and put mine back in and it was fine). I have tried pulling and replacing the battery more than once, and the phone is fully charged so its not that. I even left the battery out for a few hours then replaced it and tried to turn it on. BUT IT WONT TURN ON. I really dont want to have to drive to the verizon store every time I turn my phone off (the battery is really overused and it dies every few hours, so it gets turned off often). I dont want to get a whole new battery, because im getting a new phone in two months, and i dont know anyone else with my same battery so i can try what they did at the store. HELP!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: I Cant Turn My Curve 8300 On.

It sounds like your battery is the problem. I would go on eBay and search for a BlackBerry 8300 OEM battery. Make sure to put OEM in there or you might end up with a battery that causes problems. Sort the results by price plus shipping and if you're in the US, sort it by US only. You will receive it in just a few days that way. You can get one for just $3 or $4 with shipping included. That beats paying $20-$40 through your provider. I hope that helps.

Geoff