04-02-2013 07:35 AM
Full storyline of my app's approval can be found here:
This story was full of dumb reasons for release denials.
And the most disappointing thing in this story - that I as a simple individual developer can't event get to the truth, can't get comments, answers, nothing.
And only when I completely lost my patience - I've started to send a bunch of e-mails (bunch of them - only because of that first mails were either ignored or returned back with recommendations to write to another address).
And only after the n-th try I was heard and my app was approved. But again I haven't received any answers, comments, excuses, etc...
All that I got as a result is: 2 month of waiting, bunch of dead nerve cells (fighting with wind mills), and phrase "Sorry for the waiting" from the developers support.
- review time is unpredicatble
- review process is not regularized (most of the reviewers didn't provided what app version was tested, on what device and with what OS version)
- review process is like a roulette: I've received at least 3 different reasons for denial of the same app (with same version), and none of them was connected to the reality (check the former link)
- some of reviewers even didn't try to understand the app's purpose
- there is no confirmations of the fact, that your e-mail was recieved and will be investigated (so we are writing into some void without being sure to be heard). Something like "Thanks for Your report. We will look into it" - would be enough
- no confirmations even after the issue was solved (is it hard to write a mail about solving an issue?) Developers appeals not tracked at all?
- trying to reply on the "denial" mail - will most likely be ignored
- there is no address for developers to send some kind of abuse if they are not agree with review results
- nobody bears responsibility for the errors in the review process
Is this it that the BBRY call as "developers support"?
04-02-2013 08:19 AM
04-02-2013 10:35 AM
I couldn't agree more. The situation with the launch of the PlayBook was pretty bad due to delays in reviewing app and some strange political issues (i.e. IM+), but it seems to be worse with BB10. I've had the same problems with bogus rejection reasons and with trying to get answers or simply to get the app being looked again at. The only people who seem to be able to help in a timely fashion are official BB reps on this forum.
04-11-2013 02:31 AM
I recieved an another mail from support. This another act in "MeeBirthdays" tragedy. I've posted it in original thread (link is in the first post). No comments. It's a sad picture draws on...