Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
AvisDx
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB

Incompetent testing and lack of support

Full storyline of my app's approval can be found here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Phone-contacts-access/td-p/21933...

This story was full of dumb reasons for release denials.
And the most disappointing thing in this story - that I as a simple individual developer can't event get to the truth, can't get comments, answers, nothing.
And only when I completely lost my patience - I've started to send a bunch of e-mails (bunch of them - only because of that first mails were either ignored or returned back with recommendations to write to another address).
And only after the n-th try I was heard and my app was approved. But again I haven't received any answers, comments, excuses, etc...
All that I got as a result is: 2 month of waiting, bunch of dead nerve cells (fighting with wind mills), and phrase "Sorry for the waiting" from the developers support.

Summarize:
- review time is unpredicatble
- review process is not regularized (most of the reviewers didn't provided what app version was tested, on what device and with what OS version)
- review process is like a roulette: I've received at least 3 different reasons for denial of the same app (with same version), and none of them was connected to the reality (check the former link)
- some of reviewers even didn't try to understand the app's purpose
- there is no confirmations of the fact, that your e-mail was recieved and will be investigated (so we are writing into some void without being sure to be heard). Something like "Thanks for Your report. We will look into it" - would be enough
- no confirmations even after the issue was solved (is it hard to write a mail about solving an issue?) Developers appeals not tracked at all?
- trying to reply on the "denial" mail - will most likely be ignored
- there is no address for developers to send some kind of abuse if they are not agree with review results
- nobody bears responsibility for the errors in the review process

Is this it that the BBRY call as "developers support"?

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Incompetent testing and lack of support

This is pretty consistent with what a lot of developers experience. It seems that there are plenty of help/ticket systems that can manage a review form that capture the test environment, who is doing it, procedures to test with results, and a place for the developer to provide information for the reviewer. There has to be someone in BB that can manage a database like this.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

I couldn't agree more. The situation with the launch of the PlayBook was pretty bad due to delays in reviewing app and some strange political issues (i.e. IM+), but it seems to be worse with BB10. I've had the same problems with bogus rejection reasons and with trying to get answers or simply to get the app being looked again at. The only people who seem to be able to help in a timely fashion are official BB reps on this forum.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
AvisDx
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB

I recieved an another mail from support. This another act in "MeeBirthdays" tragedy. I've posted it in original thread (link is in the first post). No comments. It's a sad picture draws on...

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.