Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Installing Applications on the Blackberry via Desktop Software

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and finding it hard to download my app on a blackberry phone (i have tried the torch and bold phones) via the Desktop Software so that I can test on the phone. I followed the tutorial on:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Guide-to-installing-applications-on-t... but I do get errors when I try to import the files (both .alx or .cod files generate errors) and I'm not sure if the article is outdated because it referred to Desktop Manager and Application Loader which I presume is the old versions of desktop software.

The steps I follow are:

1) Connect my bb phone via the usb and open the desktop software

2) Once connected, click on the Applications Tab

3) Click on Import files

4) Locate the actual file (tried with .alx and .cod files) on my file system (My computer)

5) And I select Open to import the file (tried the .alx and also .cod files)

Error message is: "There was an error importing files. No additional applications can be found. Your file may contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device, or have errors."

I certainly know the application does not have errors because it is the standard helloworldtheme that comes with the bb plugin for eclipse. I also know that the application does not already exist in my application list. I don't know how to check if the application is compatible with my device but I have a gut feeling that ain't the problem.

I am surprised at how difficult something that looks so simple doesn't seem to work.

I would appreciate any help or any one that can point me in the right direction to do this.

Thanks in advance....

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Installing Applications on the Blackberry via Desktop Software

I have found the solution and no thanks to the community for not helping out on this:Balloon:

Pls contact me for solution if you experiencing same problem