Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Invalid name error for a new release

My app's name has an apostrophe in it and in the oast, I have had problems updating product information unless I removed the apostrophe. This has long since been corrected but today I have had a recurrance in slightly different form.

I tried to submit an emergency bugfix release this morning and couldn't get to the second page of the wizard because of the following error: 

Name contains invalid characters

I am desparate to get the update processed so I changed the app's name hoping that I could submit the new release.  Well long story made short,  the name error again stopped the wizard in its tracks.

I have submitted a report via the Portal support form explaining the whole thing. I am hoping someone from RIM is watching this forum and will light a fire under the support team. Well I can hope anyway. Mark are you there? Can you help?

Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer

Re: Invalid name error for a new release

On a whim, I tried again and the new release was accepted. I have requested that they ignore the ticket for the name change but if they don't, I guess that I;ll just submit another change when the first one clears. 

Please use plain text.