Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to sign our clients app?

Hi, 

We are very nearly finished with developing a Playbook app for one of our clients, however we are unsure as to how it should be signed. The client is not  technical and to be honest could not make it through RIM's vendor signing process. 

Is it possible for us to sign the app on behalf of the client and give them the BAR file to submit on their vendor account?

Thanks for your time

Mat

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Is it possible to sign our clients app?

You can order the keys for your client (using their email address) and after that sign the app for them with their keys.

Of course you can use your own signing keys too, I'm not aware of any check whether the vendor and the key owner should match. At the end when you sign an app, you guarantee with your reputation that it's ok.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thanks for your response. I noticed that during app submission that its possible to change the app name and vendor names, so I assume that its ok for our client to submit an app that is signed by us. Will soon find out as it should have been submitted today.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

As long as you trust the code (or wrote it yourself), just sign it with your own keys.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com