Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

Jam Zone Profiles Completion

Morning all,

I've been playing around in Jam Zone and noticed something a bit odd.  When filling out your profile, it gives you a % complete stat.  One thing I've spotted is that it seems to count non-mandatory fields as part of this calculation (e.g. Address Line 2).  If that includes the state/province entry then you won't be able to get 100% completion for non-US devs.  Posting this as I spent a while wondering what I had missed populating to not get to 100%.

-------
You can find me (sporadically) writing and developing at http://floor4.co.uk and gaming at http://uk-tf.co.uk
My Apps: Flip!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Jam Zone Profiles Completion

I'm having the same issue, stuck at 93% complete! I am a us-based dev, though, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. I have data in every field. Anyone?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I don't think they've said the new Jam Zone stuff is actually ready for use yet, but if you're really bugged by such things anyway, try filling in something for the second Address line, even if it's just "Not Available" or a duplicate of the first Address line.

Then sit back and notice that even reaching 100% doesn't actually get you anywhere. ;-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Haha, I actually did fill in the 2nd address already. bumped me from 80-someting to 93. But good to know it's not even working yet.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

The Jam Zone reward section seems to work now, just logged and saw few badges unlocked like number of forum posts, kudos etc.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

And update for those who attended the DevCon Europe in Amsterdam:

The devcon emea badges will be send out in the next week or two.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer
My Device: No device
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have tried completing my profile number of times. but it's only 92% Complete. Is there any thing i am missing.

Developer
My Device: Z10

Add picture.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
New Developer
My Device: No device
My Carrier: Vodafone

Already Done, but no use

Developer
My Device: Z10

What about company? Maybe put your initials there? Try to fill everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development