Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

License key pool, how to know which key goes to which user?

I am using license key pool. I uploaded a list of keys to App World.

In most cases my users get their key and happy. But there are caes some users contacted us to license keys. They told me they did not get their key after paying. Is there a way for me to find out which key App World gives to a user? Otherwise we cannot provide license key related support and make some of our users frustrated.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: License key pool, how to know which key goes to which user?

The users always got a key, they just don't pay enough attention.

In such situation I advise them to login into BB App World, go to MyWorld section, list of installed apps, open the app, the key is listed under the app name.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

You might be right. But we would be able to provide better support if App World could tell us which key the user got.  For many users they don't know the relationship between App World and App vendor. Naturally they'll contact app vendor for any issues of  the app. In the past I always suggests them to login in to their App World account, but sometime the users insist that they cannot get it there, we don't really have a way to know what the problem is.

I don't understand why App World does not share that information with us. I generated the keys. I should know which ones are sold.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Claro DR

Hi criss i'm resolve this implementing dynamic license key, any time the appworld request a license i receive all information about the user purchase (email, device, transaction no., etc...) now when user contact to me i have all the information of the user and I can give a better support, this work perfectly for my, I think this can help you.
New Developer

That is good news. I'll look into it. I hope it is not too difficult to implement dynamic licensing.

New Contributor

Hi chris11,

If you are willing to get rid of the inconvenience that you are going through and improve your service for your users, you might consider using a dynamic license and configuring licmax.com as your license server.  You could configure licmax to issue a Monthly or Yearly license for your product, and your customer could merely repurchase, or you could manage the billing and issue the license acquirement request to licmax yourself when they renew their subscription. licmax also interface with many app stores such as mobihand, handango, pocketgear and youpark beside The Blackberry App World store. It makes it easier for you to manage your product and customer information.