Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Locked out of vendor account

This hasn't been reported by anyone else so this may be an isolated incident. My attempt to associate my BBID with my vendor account failed with a message that told me to contact support. I filled out the form immediately but I am still waiting for a response. Basically, I am locked out of my account which, of course, is less than optimal.

My questions:

1. On average, how long should I wait patiently for a response or at least an acknowlement from support?

2, Could an  advisor possibly intervene and possibly expedite a resolution to this problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Locked out of vendor account

Same happened to me, I have different mail accounts for vendor portal and my phone, and association failed. So I just registered a second BlackBerry ID with my vendor account email.

How typical - they try to make it easier and at the end it is more frustrating than ever...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice

QuiteSimple wrote:
Same happened to me, I have different mail accounts for vendor portal and my phone, and association failed. So I just registered a second BlackBerry ID with my vendor account email.

How typical - they try to make it easier and at the end it is more frustrating than ever...

I already have a BBID account using the same email address (user) fas or my vendor account. But I created another one 18 months ago because there was something wrong it and I couldn't update  the payment options up to allow me to make purchases iBB World. I don't want to use it for this purpose because it is broken and BB support gave up trying to fix it. I am using  my working BBID to login to the dev zone and it makes sense to be able to also use the same one for the vendor portal. I could create a third BBID but I really don't want yet another set of credentials to remember. As you say, this kind of defeats the purpose of the entire exercise.  Looks like I'm in a fix until support finally responds to my official request for assistance. Who knows how long that will take? 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi MauriceRice,

Can you DM me your BBID that you cannot link?  It is most likely in the system under a different Vendor Account you may have created in error or forgotten about. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice

Thanks rhearty. I have sent a PM to you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice

Thanks Ryan for your assistance. It turns out that I had assigned my alternate email address as an admin at some dim and distant point in the past. During BBID association, I signed in with the admin address (which happened to match my BBID) and all is working as it should.

Please use plain text.