Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
adwiv
My Device: Not Specified

Making money from advertisement

Hi All,

In order to boost the declining revenue, I have been experimenting with advertising in free apps but with not much success yet. Here is a list of the networks I have tried till now and my experiences with them.

1. BlackBerry advertising service - 3.5% fillrate, $ 0.99 revenue for 350 clicks.

2. Millenium Media - 65% fillrate, $5.5 for 250 clicks, eCPM 0.12

3. Jumptap: Declined the apps saying "We currently have too much Blackberry inventory" which translates into "We do not have much advertisers on BlackBerry".

4. Ad Marvel - Contacted but no reply yet.

Inner-Active data is not yet available as the those ads are not yet live.

Does anyone have success with any other ad networks?

New Developer
vincentkuri
My Device: Playbook

Re: Making money from advertisement

Wow. Thanks. That's a very comprehensive list, i was looking for one :smileyhappy:
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Forget about BBAS, it's dead service walking without the major ad channels.

I was thinking about the current BB demographics. Because we (I mean RIM and us) lost US+Canada market already, the BB popularity is booming in Asia and parts of Africa. So it makes sense to search for ads channels that have strong present in this area.

I've been told that Vserv (http://vserv.mobi/index.html) is such a channel, but I didn't test it by myself. Still what I've heard is that they are doing quite a good job for Nokia devices in APAC.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
adwiv
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks QuiteSimple. I have registered with Vserv. Will let you all know the results.