Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Meta data in zip release bundle is not read.

I am about to upload a release bundle in the Vendor Portal (step 4 in the "New release submission"). I have created a zip file following the instructions here http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/9577/Options_for_a_zip_file_for_a_release_6645...

When I upload the zipfile (using the Batch Import Files) the page cannot determine the devices I have specified in the devices.txt files. The lower os version cannot be determined either from the folder names as described in the documentation. I think this worked before. Is it broken? 

If you want my zip file to check if its correct please contact me.

Regards

Jonas Ahlgren

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Meta data in zip release bundle is not read.

I too have the same issue.

I use an automated process too create this bundle for me.   I have used it many times in the recent past with out issue.  For some reason it is not working now.

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Same here.

Raised a support ticket and received a response that it was a known issue introduced  with the latest portal release and is being addressed

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: None

Is this problem still not fixed? Do I have to manually point out every target device again for my three applications (hours of work that needs to be done every deploy!!!???). The webpage still can't read my release bundle even if it follows the specified format.