Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
syntaxterror
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Missed Playbook/Marmalade deadline - what now?

Unfortunately I've missed the submission deadline of 31 Jan for the Playbook/Marmalade promotion. So what happens now with the Playbook?

At the end of last week it looked like I'd make it but then I lost 3 days trying to figure out why Visual Studio wouldn't compile for ARM. Up till that point I'd been using the Marmalade simulator exclusively and didn't think there'd be any issues getting it to work on the Playbook ... wrong. Had a few issues that took time to track down when testing on the PB. And so it's left me unable to finish the game on time.

To get it to the bare minimum of ready (game itself works great), it needs sound, music, integrating with Scoreloop and a couple of bugs removed. That would take me until next weekend. Ideally I'd like to throw in a couple of extra game modes and skill levels to improve its chances of success. Thanks to the way the code's designed that wouldn't take that long to implement either.

But what should I do? Carry on with it and hold onto the PB for now or scrap the project since my experiences this week have shown that it cannot be completed with the Marmalade simulator alone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Re: Missed Playbook/Marmalade deadline - what now?

I'm also curious. Hopefully they will send some email.

I wish I could pay regular price for PB instead of sending it back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.