Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
DigitalMaestro
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: More than 2 weeks without approval of my app, is it normal ???

I submitted an app on January 10th and haven't heard anything since.  I do appreciate that there is a backlog however it is a bit frustrating to be kept limbo pending app approval.  I have added a number of features to my app since I first submitted ( I had to forego a few features to meet the initial January 11 deadline) but I am hesitant to submit a new release to App World in case my position in the review queue is reset by virtue of that action.  

I think a bit more information from official sources within RIM would clear the air and resolve some of the repeated posts concerning app approval.  Can we get official answers for the following?

1.  What is the approximate expected timeframe between app submission and app approval currently?

2.  Does submitting a new release reset one's position in the review queue for any previous releases that have not yet been approved?

Answers to the above would save me needlessly checking my inbox every few minutes for that coveted app approval email :smileyhappy:

DM

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Submitted 2 of mine Dec 25/26, still waiting..

Already pm'ed one of the Administrators here a few days ago with the app id's and app names. Nothing has been done yet. You get used to it though, don't worry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
26filip
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

My app 20081583 is in approval process from 7 jan [ticket id:733322] ...

It is very strange, because my other apps, submitted on 2 jan was approved on 07 jan. And ticket id difference is about   3378 (733322-729944)...

All time online :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90

[ Edited ]

They told me first time my apps featured image text did not match my app name, fine I changed it and replied to the given email.

Over 1 week later they say denied because the featured image has a screenshot of a blackberry 9800.

My other apps have a blackberry device on it, approved and featured multiple times. Fine, but you should have listed ALL reasons in the first denial, don't  wait 1 week after the developer adhears to the requests of RIM only to give another reason after the fact. RIM really pisses me off.

Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90

It's okay, I went in paint and drew a big pink square over the image of the blackberry with my app for both. Should be good to go!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
battlegoat
My Device: BB10 Dev
My Carrier: Rogers Unfortunately

I have to agree with DigitalMaestro that some feedback or information on the process and timelines would be very very helpful.

We also have both updates to our app, and additional apps to submit, all waiting on our first "test" app being approved.  

There is indication that apps are also approved a bit out of order, which means it could be helpful to know what we can do to make it faster (and what makes it slower) to get approval - Native vs Android?  Using certain permissions or device features? etc etc

When the implication was that apps submitted by Jan 21st would receive approval (if they qualify) by release on Jan 30th, the assumption is created that an average approval is 9 days...  clearly this is not the case, so more informaiton would be very welcome.

-- George.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
battlegoat
My Device: BB10 Dev
My Carrier: Rogers Unfortunately

As a follow up to my message, I will note that my app was quietly approved yesterday, approx 3 weeks after submission.  Though the design is relatively simple, so I guess "your milage may vary" certainly applies.

Interestingly, there was no "you are approved and live" email, it just showed up on the appworld dashboard as approved.

Now that I know the process works, there were no unpleasant surprises, etc (and some idea about how long etc), I can work on getting our next apps ready.

-- George.

PS - Want to amaze your friends and bore your enemies?  Check out the newly-approved free "BBSensors" for BB10 :smileyhappy:  Straighten pictures, measure gravity on strange planets, and it even makes cool tricorder-like noises.  Oh, and it's a flashlight too!

Please use plain text.
Developer
26filip
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE
My Carrier: P4

Silent approval is true...

But, my app from 07 jan is still under review and my app from 19 jan was approved yesterday...

All time online :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
brechtryckaert
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Proximus

If your Januari 19th submission got approved yesterday, this must imply they are definately catching up with the huge numbers of apps to review. That's great news. Good job RIM.

If you like my reply, please like.
Check out my personal blog at http://brechtryckaert.be
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarcAlpha
My Device: 9700, Playbook 16GB, and Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Starhub

Submitted 15 jan and no news ever since
I suppose I will miss the release date
Please use plain text.